The best BOAT IN camping near
Flatfork , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Flatfork Camping Reviews
Nice!

Super friendly camp host. He met us and drove us to the camp park because it was so dark. Spacious sites, and he is making amazing improvements to the park. Beautiful river setting.

Free Free

I don’t have a lot to add to the other reviews, yes, it’s very close to a roadway and train tracks, but it’s free!

Gorgeous View and Next to River

Amazing!!! Waking up with the sound of birds and water it’s just amazing! Beautiful campground ⛺️ Near the falls and has a boat ramp right next to it!

Near boat ramp

So I came to this campground because it’s free. I arrived and found the dump station and filled my water tank with potable water, when I moved onto the three spots available (only one was taken) I read the sign that clearly says only RV’s and Trailers allowed and all other will be towed at owners expense. well I have an all white converted sprinter and from the outside it just looks like a working van. Although I can prove that my van is an RV I didn’t feel like waking up in the middle of the night on a moving van that is being towed, sooo just in case I left and drive 20 min to Cabelas.

Absolutely stunning views

Probably the best view I ever had traveling in the RV. This place has 39 full hookup sites right on New River. It's small and not much to it but still a nice place to stay. There is a small playground, bathroom/laundry house and an off that sells fishing supplies. You can recycle aluminum cans here (wish more campgrounds had recycling). Main downside for us is Verizon service is terrible. Perfect for the weekend getaway but not during work hours. AT&T is flawless though. It was raining the first few days we were here and it didn't get disgustingly muddy. Neighboring towns to the east are pretty run down but further west are thriving. Camp owners are lovely people too. Would totally stay again. Walking distance to a market that want really stocked well, mostly empty shelves (granted we were also here in covid times so that might be a factor) and a Dollar General/CVS.

Absolutely stunning views

Friendly staff, beautiful views

I wish I could give more stars, but the campground itself is just okay while everything around it is amazing.

Pros: right on the river, convenient to everything (walking distance to Family Dollar and a scenic waterfall), staff super helpful and nice, full hookups

Cons: campsites are right on top of one another (especially on the riverside - there’s a few that are sideways and a little better), it’s gravel and washout a little so when it rains it gets to be a muddy mess, the WiFi is flakey (but if you could connect it was good)

Pro/con: the railroad is right across the river, so pretty nice to watch but at night it can be a little loud if you need silence to sleep.

Great Lake, beautiful lakefront sites

This is a HUGE campground. The sites on the water are lovely. They are VERY open and not wooded, but you wake up to the most beautiful sunrises, and you go to sleep to the most gorgeous sunsets. We had our boat with us, and were told that there are tie ups. There are not, there are trees to tie to and a somewhat rocky shore to beach on, so boaters beware. However, this lake is amazing to explore! Some of the most amazing rock structures and fun nooks and crannies. The campground is large, so it helps to have a vehicle. Laundry and bathroom facilities are clean and nice. I would highly recommend. It's a perfect place to boat, kayak and explore.

Large place

Large campground with four separate loops. The primitive sites are shaded and large. The RV spots are closer together. Some spots have beautiful views of the lake or forest. Golf carts are for rent at $45 a day which is fun. We never felt the need to leave the campground, however, if you forget something don’t rely on the camp store to have it. You’ll need to drive 10-15 to a nearby store.

Bath houses were cleaned very often! We had no issues with the trash as mentioned in an earlier post.

July vacation

Amazing area of WV. Great spot to start from to get anywhere. Clean warm water, busy boating weekend, quiet during the week. Awesome lookout areas. Clean bathhouse for area 4. Garbage was RANK after a week and the humidity made it so we could not be outside day or night. The road to 4 was horrendous to be pulling a camper. Had to use 4Low to creep out. It should be paved, no exceptions for that hill. A/C power was an issue. 1 camper had 30 amp breaker blow 2 days in a row and my 50 amp ran A.C. units fan but didn't cool all day. I would stay again but will explore other grounds to see more area.

Year 2021 Flag