Nature

19 Reviews

About This Campground

Add Campground Info

• Drive In
    Park next to your campsite
  • Walk In
    Park in a lot, walk to your campsite

Stay Connected

• WiFi
    Good
  • Verizon
    Available

• 8
  • 8
Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Perfect Site and Location for Exploring Fayetteville and NRG!

I would hands-down stay here again. I even considered asking if they needed some seasonal help!

I needed a place close to the town and gorge for a basecamp.

The fact that they had reliable WiFi throughout the park was a huge bonus for a remote worker.

The staff was friendly, helpful, and the…

Melissa W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Easy and convenient

We chose this campground because it's proximity to the main hub of New River Gorge. It was definitely quick and easy to get to from the main headquarters of the park. It's not the most remote or spacious campground but definitely worked. For a Saturday night in camping season, they were not very…

Rifrafters Campground is located in West Virginia

Directions

Only 4/10 mile off the U.S. 19 expressway at Fayetteville, we're right in the middle of the New River Gorge vacation area. Eighteen rafting outfitters and countless restaurants and recreation areas are only minutes from your campsite. The New River Gorge Bridge is less than two miles from our campground. From the South via I-77: From I-77 North/I-64 West, take Exit 48 (Beckley/Summersville) to US Route 19 North. Follow US Rt. 19 North about 15 miles to Laurel Creek Road. Turn left onto Laurel Creek Road. Follow road until you see the Rifrafter Campground sign. From the East Via I-64: From I-64 West/I-77 North, take Exit 48 (Beckley/Summersville) to US Route 19. Follow US Rt. 19 North about 15 miles to Laurel Creek Road. Turn left onto Laurel Creek Road. Follow road until you see the Rifrafter Campground sign. From the North and West via I-77 and I-64: From Charleston WV, take I-77 South/I-64 East. Take Exit 48 (Beckley/Summersville) to US Route 19. Follow US Rt. 19 North 15 miles to Laurel Creek Road. Turn left onto Laurel Creek Road. Follow road until you see the Rifrafter Campground sign. From the North via I-79: From I-79 South, take Exit 57 to US Route 19 (Beckley). Go 53 miles south on US Rt. 19 to Laurel Creek Road. Turn right onto Laurel Creek Road. Follow road until you see the Rifrafter Campground sign.

Coordinates

81.12570197 W

Open in Google Maps

Nearby Campgrounds

About This Campground

Rifrafters Campground provides tent and RV camping and economy cabins in the woodlands near Fayetteville, West Virginia (WV) -- only two-miles south of the New River Gorge Bridge. Our cleanliness, accessibility, and quiet family atmosphere have earned us a place among West Virginia's most-popular camping areas. You'll also find a friendly full-time staff, exceptionally clean showers and restrooms, and plenty of space for small gatherings and walks in the woods behind the campground. Use our website to explore our camping amenities and find out more about the New River.

Connection Details

We rate connection speeds from campers like you who submit speed tests with Field Reports.

• Good- 10+Mbps

Campers can make calls and send texts & emails, watch an HD movie, play multiplayer games, and more.

• Fair- 3Mbps-10Mbps

Campers can make calls, send texts & emails, video chat, stream video, and play online games.

• Poor- 0Mbps-3Mbps

Campers might be able check email, send texts, and make calls.

• Available-

Campers have been able to connect here but we don’t know the quality of the connection.

• Unknown-

Connectivity is not known for this campground.