Anthem , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Anthem Camping Reviews
Never disappoints

I’ve been going to coopers rock campground for 25 years and it’s always a clean, pleasant experience. You’re definitely not going to have the privacy that some campgrounds can provide but in terms of facilities, it’s overall a clean and safe experience.

My go-to

This is my absolutely favorite go-to weekend exploration spot. She never looks the same, and every season has a new vista to offer

Fall Camping in North Central West Virginia

The McCollum Campground at Coopers Rock State Forest is a great place to stay. The sites are nicely spaced apart, the camp staff is helpful, and the showers are very clean. The camp Wi-Fi isn't the best but we did have cell service with Consumer Cellular (AT&T Towers) and were able to work while we camped. The campground is only a short drive to the scenic overlook but if you're feeling adventurous you can take a hike. There is a playground for the kids and plenty of room for them to play. My only complaint is the firewood available to purchase. It's a small bundle for the price.

November camping was bad

We stayed here November 21, 2020 (in the midst of Covid).

The campground had no water hookups, about 90% of the sites were not level (and….I mean by A LOT).

We were one of the only people in the campground, so we ended up just moving to one of the more level campgrounds.

It's a cute campground, but a lot of the RV spots are unlevel up a hill, so backing in would be a hassle. Wouldn't stay here again.

Not too impressed

Just stayed here for one night with our 5th wheel when traveling home. I wasn’t too impressed. I thought it was expensive. The site was difficult to back into because everything was so narrow. I like to have a little bit of space when camping, but there were tent campers all around us. My surgeguard shut off the power in the evening due to high voltage. It was showing 137 volts at one time. I was not impressed and most likely won’t be back.

Mountwood Park Family Campground

The campground was pretty much empty. There are a few permanents there but we had it all to ourselves. Covid still has every other site coned off. It was clean though. Went for a hike on the park side around the lake. Several trails. Alot of ATV and dirtbikes came in on the weekend.

An amazing campground.

There's trails for horseback riding (your own), fishing areas, kayak area, with nice padded sites.

Great Place

Great views, a lot of activities on the resort property, Clean amenities and nice lake views from the campground. All of the sites are well kept and I would most definitely return to this campground.

Old Barn and Cabin

The camp store is an old log cabin so instantly I liked this park. This is set up with a whole section for horse camping with tie outs and trailer/truck sites. Lots of bridle trails and a really quiet park. Also a nice dam and beach area. One of the only parks we have stayed at that offers a place to put your recycling. Normally we take it home so it still gets recycled. They have a putt putt course but it’s really dated and not kept up. This didn’t bother us but some might use it. They also had a nice place to launch boats in the campground.

Near Perfect Campground

We went in late October and we arrived fairly late in the day and to our surprise someone was in the store when we got there. Campground was in great shape, the RV lots were well maintained and all the asphalt seems to have been redone recently. The bathrooms were clean and heated to a comfortable level. Showers had great pressure as well. The spots were well spaced out and pretty spacious, the site we were in had electric hookup for 50a/30a/20a but no water at the site but there was water near the bathroom area. Nice big fire pit in the center area for groups.