Spring Mills , NEW YORK

Camping New York Spring Mills

Most Recent Spring Mills Camping Reviews
THE BEST PRIVATELY OWNED CAMPGROUND

DONNA AND RICK ARE THE ABSO LUTE BEST. THEY REALLY CLEANED THIS PLACE UP. IVE SEEN THIS CAMPGROUND GO THRU 5 OWNER AND DONNA AND RICK ARE THE BEST SO FAR.

Beautiful but disappointed

We had high hopes for this campground. It is in the beautiful PA mountains and not far from Elk Visitor Center. We got Site 021 in the lower loop. There is a shower house but we didn’t use it, so can speak to how it was. The site we had was beautiful it backed up to the creek and was right next to the dam. The playground was right next to our site which is great if you have kids. It is right next to the water and the site has electric. The one major let down is that random people walk through all of the sites along the creek. It is frustrating because all of the fire pits are right along the creek which means you constantly have people in your site. Even people just off the road above come down park and walk through all of the sites to fish. It was very disappointing because if you are wanting privacy you won’t get it here. There are no signs posted saying that the fishing along the creek is open to the public. So if you are coming here to camp… don’t plan on any camping etiquette. I was always taught that you don’t walk through sites that are occupied. The other thing is the hiking trails in the park aren’t clearly marked so hiking in the park is a little difficult. Loved the creek and wildlife we got to see but I really wouldn’t recommend if you are wanting some quite time to enjoy nature.

Quiet campground. Some are open areas backed up to woods. All have fire pits and picnick tables (some were brand new).
Flat grassy areas for your tent. Hiking trail along the stream. Saw a Bald Eagle on day 1. Unfortunately there was no fire wood for sale as were there prior to April 1st when the camp host is there. I would stay here again. Short distance to Cherry Springs area.

I love Heaven

I love this place because it was breathtaking . I just love the trees and the sound of the birds…….can't wait to come back.

small, quiet and friendly

Our trip to Canyon Country Campground was fantastic!  The owners were very friendly and helpful.  Our site was well laid out.  The campground was neat, clean and quiet.  The owners were extremely helpful concerning the Pa. Grand Canyon, where to go, the trails, etc.  It is a 5 hour drive for us but we are already booked again for this June.

Amazing View And Hiking

Beautiful state park

Wandering around the gorge is so beautiful and relaxing the views and sights inside the park are amazing, it's almost like another world at times. Sites were nice, the area we were in was a little too open for our liking, but in a park with this kind of scenery it was fine because we didn't spend a lot of time at the camper. We can't wait to get back and wander done more!

Letchworth State Park, NY

Letchworth State Park is known as the Grand Canyon of the East and is located in Mt. Morris New York. My husband and I visited regularly when we lived near Rochester, NY. The park is stunning and is fit for camping whether you’re in a tent, RV or choosing to rent a gorgeous cabin. There are many walking and hiking trails for adventurers of all types. Make sure you bring your camera as the views are all photo worthy. The camping price is right due to the fact that the park is run by the state. A great place to stay especially in the Summer!!

Sugar Creek Glen Campground

My husband and I spent his birthday weekend camping in our truck tent here. Around Halloween all the RVs decorate and the kids dress up for trick or treating. The owners of the park are very friendly and accommodating. The sites are level and spacious among the trees. The tent sites have options along the water as well. Unfortunately it stormed the night we were there and the river flooded over the road, so it was tough getting the truck out to leave the next day, but we made it after a couple hours!

Great family campsite

Was planning on camping at Cherry Springs but it was full for the weekend and decided to say here. Great location to camp with family and friends.very quiet campgrounds, clean bathrooms, and the beach at the reservoir makes for a great day of swimming or fishing. About a 10 or 15 minute drive to the observatory field. Highly recommend taking a night to head up there.