Camping in Fox

141 Reviews of 20 Fox, New York Campgrounds

Pete D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Popular Location

Overall a comfortable One night stay. Sites were tight. Three bath houses available. Depending on where you’re at - it’s a very fast run if u need it quickly.

Staff was very accommodating to our requests and needs. Professional. Employees were friendly and helpful.

Grounds were kept nicely.

R
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Sheridan bay usa is the place to stay

Under new management. Immense clean up and maintenance has gone on throughout the off season. Quiet  peaceful lake erie campground. Great, family oriented season campers made us feel welcome.

• Lake Erie Sunset. Sheridan Bay USA
Dakota B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Cute little park

Pros: Picturesque Lake Some close Wildlife Kept Clean Double dump station

Cons: Playgrounds, lack of and deteriorating Not much for children to do

The site we had was secluded, spacious and perfect for us, farther up the loop it looked like music festival with zero privacy or tree coverage.

G
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Nice!

Some shaded spots, some full sun. Clean bathrooms and showers. Lots for kids to do.

SiteZ-9
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Beautiful Campground

This was our third trip here. One of the best campgrounds in the state, especially in the off season.

SiteCabin 94
K
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Most beautiful and peaceful place to tent camp! Definitely a long drive for us but it was beautiful before we got the snow and even during (what we could see). One thing I didnt like was we have to drive to the hiking trails.

Backpacken P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2021

Aswome for primitive camping 🏕

Aswome place for primitive camping 🏕 No rubber tramps here no hook ups , or water primitive only And camp outs Plz clean up after yr self ty

Jason The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2021

Beautiful state park

Wandering around the gorge is so beautiful and relaxing the views and sights inside the park are amazing, it's almost like another world at times. Sites were nice, the area we were in was a little too open for our liking, but in a park with this kind of scenery it was fine because we didn't spend a…

Carlyne F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2021

Letchworth State Park, NY

Letchworth State Park is known as the Grand Canyon of the East and is located in Mt. Morris New York. My husband and I visited regularly when we lived near Rochester, NY. The park is stunning and is fit for camping whether you’re in a tent, RV or choosing to rent a gorgeous cabin. There are many…

I
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2020

Nice getaway!

Quite popular in the summer. The sites were pretty spread apart and I didn’t see any other camera from my site.

Mariah G.
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2020

Gorgeous park, decent camping

This park is absolutely breathtaking and is one of my absolute favorite places on the east coast. The camping is all right; it's mixed tent and rv, but the cabins are great and they're a pretty good deal. Many feature heating and are available even in colder months. Camping isn't too expensive and…

Lisa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2020

Would have stayed longer

But I was there in early October for only one night on my way through. It was a busy place with lots of RVs, but my campsite was in a field bordered by wild flowers at the end of the campground with no one else around. Over the hill was a beautiful and unique golf course set in the woods. I was…

Ginney M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2020

WOW! Would stay here again.

Letchworth SP, the Grand Canyon of the East. No kidding! WOW, trail #1 was the connector trail between lower, middle and upper falls. It parallels the road with lots of overlooks. But still a lovely walk.  There were plenty of other trails elsewhere in the park. This park is rather large, but…

Site#717, 700 loop
Month of VisitNovember
R
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2020

Great site... poor check-in

We stayed at site 109 and loved our time at the campground. Our site was across from the bathroom and wasn’t as private as some of the others but we were rewarded with an amazing view. We stayed October 2020 so a little offseason and that may have been part of our check-in issues. When we arrived…