Toomsuba , MISSISSIPPI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Toomsuba Camping Reviews
Total hidden gem and must stay

We planned on a 2 to 3 nights and stayed 5 … :).  We were at another local site and was looking for a more quite type of place so we could spend time as a family, so I called over to this place and was overwhelmed by the welcome.  It was late and dark and both owners (Steve and Patty) took my wife and I on a walk through their park with flashlights to show what we could pick from … I have never heard of such fantastic hospitality.  They just purchased the park a few months earlier and have upgraded so much it was almost new.  We eventually settled on two sites they said were rarely used because they were in the far back (#26 and #27) and remote.

The next day when we showed up to set up, they had their team already clear the sites and prep for our arrival.  One of their team members helped us set up and ensure we were fully ready to enjoy our stay.  The site was level and elec/water hook ups.  Overall, the site as secluded, quite, private. We woke up to trees all around us and only one RV long term person that we never saw many feet away.

We were told they would come by with a 'honey pot' and empty our tanks so we didn't have to move since we were staying long enough to fill them with normal use … WOW, I didn't have to hook up and move just to dump!  They did shared with us and show their portable dump tank they use when they camp … I may pick on up.

The park had new dog runs, wonderful store, excellent help, and easy dump stations.  I was concerned because of the location of the spot being at the bottom of a hill, and the owners told us not to worry … if we were not able to pull out, he would for us and didn't make us feel bad at all.  The slide was down for the winter, but it was fine.

The park is well off the beaten path so it is quite at night. Enjoyed the late night fires and early morning mists … My son was able to relax for the weekend away from the base.

Good cross county 1-night rest

We stayed here to visit our son in the local NAS and has easy access.  The welcome was great (Beverly and Jean!).  They let us have our pick of the spots in the park and even offered their golf cart to use instead of walking … thank you! There are two areas to the park really (large gravel parking lot area to allow big rigs to pull through easily … and … smaller back in for more private stays.  We chose the parking lot corner because we would be there only for a couple of nights. The road noise was loud, so next time we would stay in the more private area.  Our spot had plenty of space, easy back in, easy hook up (full), and level. WiFi worked good. Right across the street is the local lake that you can walk around and get good exercise in however it was raining for us so we drove it instead … just beautiful.  If you have a one night or a large right … this is a good place!

Hideaway beauty!

What can I say about this beautiful place. The camp host and workers are amazing. Bathroom/shower house clean as can be. The nature trail was very calming and enjoyable. A must stop while in BAMA.

Great

Great sites level and clean, great host on site. Perfect place to start our new life in camper.

Lovely Campground in the Woods

We stopped here for the night and were impressed by the beauty and cleanliness of this campground.  The restrooms are spotless! It has a large pool and the campsites are nestled in amongst the trees.  The owners are super friendly.  This is a great stay in a lovely area.  We will be back for sure!

Foscue Creek

We had a great time here! Our campsite was #12. It was on the point and didn’t have a lot of shade but we were right across from the bathhouse and playground so I really liked our location. The bathrooms were really nice and clean.

Jennings Ferry/Roebuck Landing

Absolutely loved this place! We stayed at site #36 which had a large deck overlooking the water. I wish I had gotten better pictures of our campsite… We ate at Roebuck Landing! (So good) We caught a few brim off the bank and overall had a great time with friends! Can’t wait to go back!

Middle of the Week quiet!

I rolled into this camp around 4 in the evening looking for a place for the night.  Be aware this site requires registration on the park service website.  You have to make reservation and pay online due to covid 19 prevention measures.  They can not accept payment at the gate!  I was the only one in the primitive area and it was really nice and quiet.  The closest toilet is an outhouse but in the RV section there is a nice bathhouse and bathrooms that are well maintained and stocked.  I saw Deer, Geese and Turkey.

Nice small COE park

Close to my home base. Nice level site. Clean. Friendly hosts. One mile from small store with essentials. 7 miles from supermarket. No bad sites here. #22 gets satellite year round. Fish from site #13. Only reason for 4 stars is no FHU’s. Be sure to try the food at Roebuck Landing restaurant (1 mile away).

Our Go-to park

This COE park is within a two hours drive of home for us. We visit several times every year. Not a bad site there. Quite and seems out in the country side, but actuall within 3 miles of Demopolis. FHU’s but kinda low water pressure (40 psi). There are 4 GREAT sites directly on the Warrior River, and MIGHT be available during the week.