The best WALK IN camping near
Scooba , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Scooba Camping Reviews
Lovely Campground in the Woods

We stopped here for the night and were impressed by the beauty and cleanliness of this campground.  The restrooms are spotless! It has a large pool and the campsites are nestled in amongst the trees.  The owners are super friendly.  This is a great stay in a lovely area.  We will be back for sure!

Clean and friendly

Home of the longest water slide in Mississippi, this KOA is a great place to stay. The staff is incredibly friendly and the facilities are clean and updated. Camp sites are relatively spread out, especially the sites for smaller campers and tents. Great place for kids, with the pool, slide, game room and very small playground. There supplies store but it doesn’t have much in it. There weren’t many people staying when we did, so was a nice quiet stay.

Check in time is 2pm, check out noon. The slide is only open Saturday and Sunday from 2pm-6pm. Pool is open daily from 10am- 8pm.

Beautiful and peaceful

This campground is very pretty and peaceful. They have a nice playground for the younger kids and disc golf for the older kids. And the lake is great for fishing and kayaking. We will stay here again.

Nice Campground

We visit Pickensville Campground a lot because my MIL lives in Pickensville down the road from the campground. Friendly staff. We stayed at site 126. It was on the river across from the bathrooms. Site we stayed at had power and water hookups. They have a community dumping station. I think some of the sites have sewer hookup but ours didn’t.

Serenity

This is pure heaven for me. Out in the middle of cow pastures and rolling hills. It is a paradise for hunting/birddog trainers. But if you come during wet season like I did just be prepared to deal with black silk mud and red clay mud and I mean lots of it. Always has sites open. Great owner.

Cochrane campground USACE

Beautiful secluded campground. Limited sites. First come first serve. Cash or check only. Run by the Army Corps of Engineers.

The Slums

While the title may scare you away, it was actually quite a nice scene. The lady at the check in told us that’s where the lot we chose was located. We were the only ones who weren’t afraid of the title, so we had it all to ourselves. Clean bathrooms and a Dollar General right down the road. $40 for 1 night with electricity hook up.

Love !!!

One of our favorite places to camp . Friendly staff , they are very cautious about the rules which I love. Very clean bathhouses, and sites.

Hope your into waterfalls

If your looking for a really cool waterfall to go checkout this is your spot. Other than that I wouldn’t recommend camping there any longer than one or two nights at the most. (The water wheel does not work FYI) We will continue to stop by in passing but that’s about it. We also went at a bad time after the rain is not the ideal time the water was really high and the current was rapid

Great campground!

The park manager and workers are so nice and accommodating! I’ve stayed in the cabins and the primitive sites and both had wonderful views of the lake. The hiking trail that loops around the water is beautiful. My dog loves it too! It’s such a great place to go relax, have fun, grill out, and make memories.