Camping in Salem

54 Reviews of 12 Salem, Mississippi Campgrounds

Chip K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Used to be a good park

You can tell this was a good park in its hey day. Those days are gone. Staff are all very unorganized. People on golf carts speeding around sites are packed together (depending which area you're in). Doesn't look like the park had had proper maintenance in 15-20 years.

Claire M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

We love yogi!

Fun campground for the kiddos. Loved all of the activities and amenities available. Water park was ice cold so we didn’t get to use it. Activity center was awesome especially for rainy days. Very good monthly rate. Kiddos were obsessed with jumping pillow. Nice place!

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Back at lake Lincoln after 25+ years

I came here once when we were kids, nothing popped out to me then as a kid.

Recently stayed there with my kids mostly because of nostalgia, my kids kinda had the same meh 😐 reaction.

Has a playground, swimming area was closed though.

This is another good park to come to if you're into…

• the ol heave ho gag. this is the day picnic area looking out onto the lake. can tell this gets a lot of use over the weekend for parties etc
  • good sites 👍nice shade😎
Site#2
JR R.
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2021

Friendly Staff and beautiful landscape

The park was rather large and nice camping spots. Located on a massive lake and two 18 hole disc golf courses. We managed to make our way down the weekend of an ice storm and the park rangers made their rounds making sure everybody was okay and had plenty of firewood.

Larry B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2021

Very nice campground

The RV’s are situated too close for our liking. They have lots of green space which is nice but they could of given more room between campers. Cabins look nice and theres a beautiful lake. The price is great for seniors.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2021

Love this place.

Something for everyone. We spent 3 nights in December 2020 and can’t wait to return. We are telling everybody about it. Shower houses spotlessly clean.

R
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2021

Very nice campground

We do Paul B. every spring & fall for the weekend. Beautiful view of the lake from some campsites. Have a campfire every night. Bathrooms with hot shower available. Lake has some boat traffic, but not too bad. Great place to bring the kayaks. Overall A+ in my book!

K
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2021

Merry Christmas

We spent Christmas Holiday in this Beautiful Mississippi State Park,  we have family in the area so instead of Hotels we bring the motorhome down and spend the week here! The park is clean the lake is wonderful and the folks that manage the property are Great look forward to next year!!

Keith and…

• Wildlife at the park Geese!!
  • The Geese were honking at us!! LOL
  • Barbara swinging!
Month of VisitJanuary
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2020

Personally , I will not be stopping here again

Please understand. This is my personal opinion. Pads were mostly small with biggish drop off from steps to camper usable site. Not my favorite. Every COE site we have been to beats this.

L
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2020

Family

Went the weekend they opened in 2020 after a brief COVID shutdown. Full of families having a great time getting away. Really nice campground. We will return.

Bill & Amy S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2020

Great for us

Needed a place to stay a night, helpful staff, quite, nice facilities.

Krystle R.
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2020

Very welcoming place.

very welcoming place. If you need 5o go to camp Shelley for any reason this is a great RV park to stop at.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2020

Beautiful Quiet Camping

This is a very well maintained park and campground

Amanda
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2020

Great for an overnight

This campground is great for an overnight or quick weekend trip. My boyfriend and I brought the dogs and had a great campground spot on the lake. There is a short walking path around the lake, which was relaxing. We were able to swim in the designated area as well. Not much more to do, so it's…