This map requires WebGL
Please update your web browser or enable WebGL to view the map.Troubleshooting Info
The #1 Camping App
Enter your phone number to get the app.
This was a great spot to stop and relax we stayed 3 nights and was very peaceful. The bath house was close because of covid but the rest was good would definetely come back and recommend if traveling the Natchez Trace parkway. We were in a 41’ motorhome and had plenty of room.
Elvis was born in Tupelo, Mississippi and Tombigbee SP is a good spot to base your exploration out of.
I overnighted here enroute to Alabama. It wasn’t the best maintained or newest park , however it was small and quiet. Something that had me confused my first time around the loop was the orange cones blocking the sites. Then I guessed that meant the site was reserved. The shower house had washers and dryers in the middle area. The building was clean and maintained. It was centrally located. Across the street was a nice big field, playground and baseball diamond. The trails and disc golf was in the same area. There’s also a small lake with a dock. Otherwise Tombigbee SP really wasn’t that memorable.
Following Google Maps to this location will take you to a dead end on private property with little room to turn around.
This state park is definitely “off the beaten path” — but if you’re looking for a quiet location, with few spaces for additional RV’s; this may be for you. (In total, there may be 18.. but they were not all occupied during our visit.) RV spacing is not bad.. most with full hookups.
The green space; natural habitat and night sounds get high marks from us.
Apple “Maps” took us on an interesting way to get to the park from the interstate.. we were concerned about low hanging tree limbs with our rig; but everything turned out ok.
If you like to jog; this is a great space for it. And, if you like disc golf, there’s an entire course.
We will be back.
The park was nice but it's not my style of camping or at least not my site #008. My view was surrounded by campers, felt packed in like a sardine. (At the entrance to the camp sites seem to be the best ones, they'd be on the left as you enter) Some it may not bother them but I like more open wide spaces with my view of trees or a lake at least. Bathrooms were okay. No gate after hours. Very quiet though. Hiking was nice and there are many trails. Staff was Very friendly!!
We have camped at several MS state parks near Memphis (Tishomingo, Wall Doxey) and have left feeling like MS didn’t have a lot to offer, but Tombigbee State Park is great. There is a video included in the post which includes the entire campground area. I hope you find it helpful. Additionally, here is a basic overview of pros and cons:
- All sites close to the bathhouse
- Most sites with full hook up including sewer and 30/50 amp plugs. (see pics)
- Multiple updated playgrounds
- Very affordable. $24 a night for a full hook up site.
- Very walkable. Small campground with access to amenities by foot.
- Disc golf course is very fun. It is has an interesting layout in the woods so it is much like a hike.
- The park is near Tupelo, MS and there is a Dollar General right at the entrance to the park.
- If you are primitive camping, the tent camping area is outstanding. (see pic) There are picnic tables, elevated tent platforms, places for hammocks, a porch swing and bench around a raised fire pit. If you are primitive camping, it is a great place.
- There are several docks for fishing and there were signs for the option of boating with a trolling motor, but no one was boating while we were there.
- The park office was not open while we were here, but it did look updated
- Great for young kids because the campground is small with a flat loop that is easy for bike riding, skating, or scooters. It is easy to see the kids from your campsite and not worry about them getting lost
- frequent monitoring by the park rangers. Appears that this park is very well taken care of.
- Absolutely no shade on the playground.
- Inside loop spots are mostly close together. very little privacy.
- We were not able to view the inside of the bathhouse.
- only 20 sites and only 4 tent camping areas and were without water or electric.
- No SP swag so no stickers, patches, shirts, etc.
This is an A+ for the price, amenities and location to our home base of Memphis. We will definitely be back.