The best WALK IN camping near
Macon , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Macon Camping Reviews
Beautiful and peaceful

This campground is very pretty and peaceful. They have a nice playground for the younger kids and disc golf for the older kids. And the lake is great for fishing and kayaking. We will stay here again.

Nice Campground

We visit Pickensville Campground a lot because my MIL lives in Pickensville down the road from the campground. Friendly staff. We stayed at site 126. It was on the river across from the bathrooms. Site we stayed at had power and water hookups. They have a community dumping station. I think some of the sites have sewer hookup but ours didn’t.

Great Campground

Friendly staff, Level sites, clean restrooms. Boat ramp inside campground. Always enjoy camping here!

Cochrane campground USACE

Beautiful secluded campground. Limited sites. First come first serve. Cash or check only. Run by the Army Corps of Engineers.

The Slums

While the title may scare you away, it was actually quite a nice scene. The lady at the check in told us that’s where the lot we chose was located. We were the only ones who weren’t afraid of the title, so we had it all to ourselves. Clean bathrooms and a Dollar General right down the road. $40 for 1 night with electricity hook up.

Love !!!

One of our favorite places to camp . Friendly staff , they are very cautious about the rules which I love. Very clean bathhouses, and sites.

Great campground!

The park manager and workers are so nice and accommodating! I’ve stayed in the cabins and the primitive sites and both had wonderful views of the lake. The hiking trail that loops around the water is beautiful. My dog loves it too! It’s such a great place to go relax, have fun, grill out, and make memories.

DeWayne Hayes

Wonderful campground! Great people taking care of it. Will be visiting a lot!

Wonderful campground

One of my favorite campgrounds. Best to make reservations on line it fills up fast on weekends.

Great for tents!!

The pickensville campground was a wonderful place for us we were tent camping and there was plenty of shade with the nice big trees around a convenience store was located just a few miles up the road which was great when we needed anything that we forgot to pack