The best DRIVE IN camping near
Kearney Park , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Kearney Park Camping Reviews
Nice quiet campground

Big paved spaces . Wi-Fi and att coverage works great . Casino bus not running in oct as of 26. It’s a good 1/2 to 1 mile hard walk to casino. Heritage restaurant open . $14.95 for a cafeteria type meal . They have someone serving behind the buffet which was about 1/4 of the normal food. Entrance could be easily missed. It sits off main road.

Good Stopover!

Pretty campground with small pool. If you want a spot after office closes make sure you make a reservation and they will leave everything in their drop box for you. Has laundry, propane services and lots of mature trees for shade. Have garbage pickup services too. Friendly staff and takes Escapees discount which is 15% which is better than Good Sam. Historical attractions nearby as is a casino. Would definitely come back again.

Great for us

Needed a place to stay a night, helpful staff, quite, nice facilities.

Very Nice, well kept

We just stayed overnight but it was very nice. Easily accessible from highway but felt like we were not in the middle of the city. Went for a nice walk this morning and saw a gator. This will be a great place for us to kickstart our trips since we typically leave right after work and can only drive a little that first night.

Really enjoyed this place

We stayed in N28 in a 38’ gooseneck and the concrete pad was pretty much level. In fact, most sites are really level with minimal effort needed to finish leveling. Electric and water were easily accessible. The boat slip and canal were nice but crowded on Saturday morning. Very quiet campground and super clean. The office staff were very friendly and accommodating. My grandkids wanted to swim and they opened the pool gate for them to be able to swim. Did get stung by wasp on the pier, but that was not the campgrounds fault.

Middle of the city gem!

This MS state park is smack dab in the middle of Jackson, MS. It is snuggled in the woods along a river. The bathrooms and sites were clean. Every site has a beautiful view. We stayed next to the river and encountered wildlife right away - gators, rabbits, birds. The trails are lovely, easy walks through cypress swamps and dry forest. One way the trail leads to a dam with old structures and great fishing opportunities, the other fork leads you to the museum of natural science! My children loved that!!! Upon checkout we had a nice converaation with the ranger. We cant wait to go back!

Made the best of it

I booked a site that we did not know anything about. This was the first time we stayed in the newer loop. We had tent camped in the older section about 5 year’s ago and had a wonderful time. When we arrived on Thursday evening to our site I didn’t know if it was going to be wide enough to let the steps down without fall into the 6 ft ditch. After some measuring of the slide outs and maneuvering over 6 inches from the electrical pole. We set up camp. I had to dig up the sewer tap that was running up hill. We made the best of it by setting everything up in front of the camper. The picnic table and fire pit was on the opposite side of the camper up hill with about 8 inches of pine needles going up. Not practical. So we didn’t use that area. Most of the sites were the same way with the picnic area on the opposite side of camper. The lake area was nice, did some fishing out of the canoe and kayaking when there wasn’t 30 boats out. Lake was closed for swimming. Overall we made the best of it. We will definitely not be staying at site 45 again. Staff was friendly and there were park rangers riding by all the time. There are definitely better sites, not all.

More a long term facility

I am not sure if this is truly a campground. It’s very convenient to the Vicksburg National Military Park and I20. However the place seems to be geared to long-term permanent residents.

Free Campground right next to the Natchez Trace

Campground is very nice and convenient to the Natchez Trace. Nature and a beautiful place are your amenities. If you’re looking for a resort park with hookups then you will not find it here. If you’re looking for nature, a waterfall, remnants of a now abandoned once thriving town including two safes and a fully intact and functional church, a place steeped in history that happens to have paved campsites without bathhouses, electric or water hookups at no cost to you then welcome to what you’ve been looking for all day! I think it’s all about the perspective. This is a functional place enjoyed by many and great place to visit and stay a night or two as you travel the Trace.

Surprised by this Park

Stopped here as a halfway point to our destination. Stayed two nights and now wish we did more. The campgrounds were spacious and level. The trails were Peaceful and I loved all the nature you see everywhere. Had my morning coffee and watched a 7ft gator swimming and paying us no mind. Most amazing thing I've seen. I'm a city dweller that loves nature so this was a first for me with the gator sighting in the wild. Restrooms were clean, no luck fishing but that's okay it was just great just sitting there. Love that it was close to town because one night we decided to just go out for dinner. Very quiet and I'd stay here again and again.