The best RV SITES camping near
Conehatta , MISSISSIPPI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Conehatta Camping Reviews
Total hidden gem and must stay

We planned on a 2 to 3 nights and stayed 5 … :).  We were at another local site and was looking for a more quite type of place so we could spend time as a family, so I called over to this place and was overwhelmed by the welcome.  It was late and dark and both owners (Steve and Patty) took my wife and I on a walk through their park with flashlights to show what we could pick from … I have never heard of such fantastic hospitality.  They just purchased the park a few months earlier and have upgraded so much it was almost new.  We eventually settled on two sites they said were rarely used because they were in the far back (#26 and #27) and remote.

The next day when we showed up to set up, they had their team already clear the sites and prep for our arrival.  One of their team members helped us set up and ensure we were fully ready to enjoy our stay.  The site was level and elec/water hook ups.  Overall, the site as secluded, quite, private. We woke up to trees all around us and only one RV long term person that we never saw many feet away.

We were told they would come by with a 'honey pot' and empty our tanks so we didn't have to move since we were staying long enough to fill them with normal use … WOW, I didn't have to hook up and move just to dump!  They did shared with us and show their portable dump tank they use when they camp … I may pick on up.

The park had new dog runs, wonderful store, excellent help, and easy dump stations.  I was concerned because of the location of the spot being at the bottom of a hill, and the owners told us not to worry … if we were not able to pull out, he would for us and didn't make us feel bad at all.  The slide was down for the winter, but it was fine.

The park is well off the beaten path so it is quite at night. Enjoyed the late night fires and early morning mists … My son was able to relax for the weekend away from the base.

Good cross county 1-night rest

We stayed here to visit our son in the local NAS and has easy access.  The welcome was great (Beverly and Jean!).  They let us have our pick of the spots in the park and even offered their golf cart to use instead of walking … thank you! There are two areas to the park really (large gravel parking lot area to allow big rigs to pull through easily … and … smaller back in for more private stays.  We chose the parking lot corner because we would be there only for a couple of nights. The road noise was loud, so next time we would stay in the more private area.  Our spot had plenty of space, easy back in, easy hook up (full), and level. WiFi worked good. Right across the street is the local lake that you can walk around and get good exercise in however it was raining for us so we drove it instead … just beautiful.  If you have a one night or a large right … this is a good place!

Big nice place

Lot’s to do here. Hiking, boating, pool, water slides.

Park on the water

Beautiful and spread out nicely. On the water makes for some great walks. Pull thrus and back ins are all spacious.

Great for us

Needed a place to stay a night, helpful staff, quite, nice facilities.

Lovely Campground in the Woods

We stopped here for the night and were impressed by the beauty and cleanliness of this campground.  The restrooms are spotless! It has a large pool and the campsites are nestled in amongst the trees.  The owners are super friendly.  This is a great stay in a lovely area.  We will be back for sure!

Middle of the Week quiet!

I rolled into this camp around 4 in the evening looking for a place for the night.  Be aware this site requires registration on the park service website.  You have to make reservation and pay online due to covid 19 prevention measures.  They can not accept payment at the gate!  I was the only one in the primitive area and it was really nice and quiet.  The closest toilet is an outhouse but in the RV section there is a nice bathhouse and bathrooms that are well maintained and stocked.  I saw Deer, Geese and Turkey.

Really enjoyed this place

We stayed in N28 in a 38’ gooseneck and the concrete pad was pretty much level. In fact, most sites are really level with minimal effort needed to finish leveling. Electric and water were easily accessible. The boat slip and canal were nice but crowded on Saturday morning. Very quiet campground and super clean. The office staff were very friendly and accommodating. My grandkids wanted to swim and they opened the pool gate for them to be able to swim. Did get stung by wasp on the pier, but that was not the campgrounds fault.

Made the best of it

I booked a site that we did not know anything about. This was the first time we stayed in the newer loop. We had tent camped in the older section about 5 year’s ago and had a wonderful time. When we arrived on Thursday evening to our site I didn’t know if it was going to be wide enough to let the steps down without fall into the 6 ft ditch. After some measuring of the slide outs and maneuvering over 6 inches from the electrical pole. We set up camp. I had to dig up the sewer tap that was running up hill. We made the best of it by setting everything up in front of the camper. The picnic table and fire pit was on the opposite side of the camper up hill with about 8 inches of pine needles going up. Not practical. So we didn’t use that area. Most of the sites were the same way with the picnic area on the opposite side of camper. The lake area was nice, did some fishing out of the canoe and kayaking when there wasn’t 30 boats out. Lake was closed for swimming. Overall we made the best of it. We will definitely not be staying at site 45 again. Staff was friendly and there were park rangers riding by all the time. There are definitely better sites, not all.

Great for an overnight

This campground is great for an overnight or quick weekend trip. My boyfriend and I brought the dogs and had a great campground spot on the lake. There is a short walking path around the lake, which was relaxing. We were able to swim in the designated area as well. Not much more to do, so it's great for a quick trip.