Camping in Wakefield

73 Reviews of 26 Wakefield, Louisiana Campgrounds

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Family fun

This Campground has a beautiful lake with lots of areas to cookout. It also has a game room. Great for families.

SiteI do not remember
T R.
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Great spot

Nice spot, area for dogs, cute gift shop and very nice staff.

SiteH21
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Quiet place

Nice campground. Bathhouse has had a facelift. 2 separate camping areas. The area up the hill away from the lake has smaller rv pads.

Claire M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Our favorite

We will be back! Love the friendly family party vibe this campground d has! Beautiful amenities. We were there outside of pool season but there were bands and activities every weekend! Can’t wait to return.

Month of VisitFebruary
Michael T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Close to LSU

I would suggest BREC Farr Equestrian RV Park if you are interested in being close Baton Rouge or LSU. A typical fairgrounds type camping area. Sites have electric and water. Remote dump site available. Bike path trailhead is there, with extensive pathways on the levee.

Month of VisitApril
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2021

My favorite camping site

It's daddy's favorite site so much that the kids are getting tired of going even though they do have fun.

It is 1st come 1st serve except for the group as site.

Unless your showing up late Friday or Saturday usually spots are available. Last two times I've been the whole park is full even the…

• nice paddling on the spring fed lake, but watch for stumps
  • this is site 9 on the lower loop
Ian F.
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2021

Hidden Gem in the Hills

This is a great campsite nestled in the Homochitto National Forest right outside Bude, Mississippi. The campsite has two loops with hookups for RVs and some tent campers mixed in. We stayed in primitive campsites right outside of the main entrance for no fee and used the park to fill our water.…

Kim T.
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2021

Great get away....but beware of detour to entrance

My husband and I spent Easter weekend here from Thursday, April 2 to Tuesday, April 6th. It was a beautiful and quiet campground.

There are two camper camping areas - A and B - and a primitive area as wells as cabins. We were in B area which seems more kept than than the A area. In the B area,…

J
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2021

Overall okay for the area

Considering their are no other parks in the area or even very close to the area I would say it's an okay park . I think it's way over priced and the hours/ days it's open for anything other than rv's/ camper trailers is very limited. But it is very clean and the staff was friendly

J
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2021

Overall okay for the area

Walt W.
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2021

Beautiful setting all concrete

Really nice park very well maintained. Exceptionally maintained. All concrete sites and a beautiful lake. Covered play area for kids and a nice dog walk area.

Txmohawk
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2020

Peaceful & Clean

Let’s start that COVID sucks, a lot is closed due to the CVD but it’s also a holiday week I will add as we celebrate the New Year. During the week it is quiet, and pretty empty. Pet friendly, decent space between spots, all 30/50A cable sewer water hookups.

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2020

Hidden gem

Quiet little park. Just renovated the bathrooms.

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2020

Relax and fish

Great Lake for kayaking. Nice big fishing pier. Great fishing for big bass and catfish along the levy.

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2020

Everything you need - affordable

We car camp and this was a great boondocking spot for us. Flush toilets, hot showers, and $1 (coin) laundry machines were clutch. Facilities were very clean. The water and electricity at the campsite were also helpful. Lots of RVs here, so this location is suitable for whatever kind of camping…

• Car camping in spot 36, see the lake in the back