Standard (Tent/RV)
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 160 ft.
Poverty Point Reservoir is located in Louisiana
12 Reviews of Poverty Point Reservoir
Great spot (we just overnighted)

Staff were very friendly and helpful. We stopped one night en-route from Dallas back to Tampa. Arrived in rain at sunset, but found site and back-in was easy. WiFi ok for email but not enough to stream. Had 2 bars in both Visible (Verizon) and Cricket (ATT). Want to come back, looks like a nice park.

Cleanest park I have ever seen.

This park also has the best bathhouses we have seen. Large swimming area, but it is down the rode a few miles at the marina. A lot of boat traffic from fishing. They do not allow sking.

Kids loved it

Kids had a blast walking to the reservoir and hiking some trails. Will go back! One of the friendly park groundskeepers came and said hello when we arrived and introduced himself.

Excellent

Spotless. Wi-Fi was decent and ATT two bars. I had water/electric site that backed up to the woods and trail. Felt private and spacious. The lake is beautiful. Small town of Delhi is nearby and has gas/grocery store. Don’t forget to visit PP World Heritage site just a few miles up the road.

Pros: Large clean bathhouse, large level campsites, on site laundry facilities, walking trails and a lake. Very cool cabins on the water and visitors center.

Cons:Water playground broken on hot August days. Very little shade in the campground.

Nice place to visit

Campground has large, level sites. Some are pull through and some you back in. Some have just electric and water hookups and some also have sewage. If you select a non sewage system like I did there is a dump station available in the campground. There’s a water playground which would have been amazing since it is so hot but it’s broken. I stayed here in site #49. I would definitely return. Easy walk to the lake especially from this campsite.

Not many trees

Nice state park. Almost all the sites are very level. Water and electric hookups. Nice walking trails. Bathhouse and laundry facilities. Cabins on the water are really cool! They’re on stilts on the lake, not lakeside on the lake itself! Also they have lodged available. I am probably going back to this place soon. You can hear a train in the distance but it’s not super loud. The park beach, picnic area, marina and camp store are not in the campground but about two miles down the highway. Also in the area but not in the campground area itself are a wildlife park and a golf course.

The views are beautiful

The lady at the gate was mildly rude. Or maybe the previous place was just that friendly. She seemed as though I was a bother to her, getting checked in. She may have been tired or had other things on her mind though. At the spot, I understand we are in nature, but I was very shocked at all of the poison oak at the sites. Otherwise, it is very quiet with friendly neighbors. I didn’t use the showers, but the bathhouse was clean and pretty. The spots were easy to back in to. I would return. I’d really like to walk around the town and get pictures of all the beautiful churches!

A lovely spot

Great flat spots with lots of shade and woods feeling. I really like it.

Ideal for a several day getaway-lots to do

Great back in sites, well manicured slots and park. The RV park is spread out so you don’t feel claustrophobic. The lake is beautiful and is known in the community for its fishing. There’s certain seasons that specific types spawn and the park is HOPPING. Hard to get a spot. So much to do in this park, and the World Heritage Site is just a 20 minute drive up the road and a $4 entrance fee for a drive through tour. There are options for slots with or without sewage.