Alexandria, LOUISIANA

Camping Louisiana Alexandria

Most Recent Alexandria Camping Reviews
Beautiful, Peaceful

This is where we go car camping in their primitive section. There are many, many car camping campsites on the lake/reservoir! There are a few pit toilets that are clean and there is a potable water spigot at each of the pit toilet locations. The campsites are basic tenting areas with no improvements such as fire rings, tables, trash barrels, tent platforms, etc. There is some privacy and separation between campsites! This is where we go when limited time is available. We bring everything we need with us. There is limited supplies in the village of woodworth, La.

A lot of folks say this is their favorite

And it took about ten minutes to become one of mine. The Caroline doorman trail runs right off of the spaces out camp sites. Setting up camp along the small rapids made for some wonderful relaxing and naps.

The only thing I have to say about it is to be aware, as we walked into our campsite almost every bit of ground that wasn’t packed had been torn up by hogs, like a lot of hogs. Also had a creepy van park on the road after we got there, they stayed until about ten at night, a guy camping higher up the hill saw a flashlight moving through the woods, said he started walking up on them and they bolted! It’s a very easy place to let your guard down.

You’ll fall in love with it

We planned a trip to Kincaid in the first week of January, there had been a tornado and was redirected here. What a gem! Very clean large camp sites, stunning tall pines, and great wildlife opportunities! We found massive wasps nests and turtle shells on the forest floor, saw a gator while canoeing, and even saw an eagle! (My first one 😁)

Highly recommended for an easy, fun trip!

Small campground that is clean, safe and friendly.

Large sites, few trees, manicured landscaping and clean bathhouses. Really quite with friendly park rangers.

Sweet campground

Camped in December, nobody else was there, score! Campground and bathrooms clean, quiet except the background highway noise. Lake was pretty, and small, able to walk all the way around the lake in about 20 minutes. Lots of day picnic tables and bbq grills on daytime use side of the lake. Small beach for playing.

Full Service RV Resort near New Orleans

We chose this resort because we wanted a location we could easily Uber or shuttle to NOLA without having to worry about security/safety of ourselves and our RV.

This resort is located on the Mississippi River in a very industrial part of town. We were here in April and the was great. We came here specifically to do the town.

This resort did not have tent camping but had a lot of villas to rent in addition to the RV/trailer sites. The sites had 50AMP/water/sewer/cable and wifi. There was a small pool and restaurant/bar. There is also a really nice gift shop. You could also kayak or dock a boat at the marina here.

The road to the resort was pretty bad- it is possible it has been paved since we were there and I will update this review if it has. The Rv sites of the resort are fairly close together but the staff was wonderful and helpful. There are several categories of pricing at this park and it was a bit pricey.

The resort offered day shuttles to NOLA for $6 each way- $12 round trip. Uber cost us $20 one time and $40 another due to time of day.

We had a great time exploring and eating our way through New Orleans. We enjoyed the tasting menu at Commander’s Palace, chargrilled Oysters at Dragos, and a great lunch at Auction House Market (think food trucks in an indoor venue). Did I mention that we are foodies?

We hit all the “tourist” activities in our 2 day whirlwind trip to include Bourbon street, Canal street etc AND of course…. coffee and beignets at Cafe Du Monde.

What would we do differently -

1. spend more than 2 days here!!!
  2. Bring bikes or rent them so we could enjoy and do more of the parks …
  3. pick up a To Go lunch at Rouse’s market to eat in one of the parks, waterfront or NOLA’s Museum of Art sculpture garden
  4. do the hop on hop off bus / 3$ all day trolley car
  5. Do a steamboat tour of Mississippi River
Sign is down

The sign designating Saddle Bayou Campground fell into the ditch in early 2019. As of August 2019 it is still down, so if you are trying to find this campground for the first time, please note that there is no sign visible. Otherwise it is a nice primitive campground, no running water but dump toilets are available. No designated camp sites, just find a good spot and pitch your tent.

Great

Kids loved it

Beautiful creekside weekend

Camp next to this beautiful sounding creek, there is a beach to lay out on while the kids play in the water or you can hit the Caroline dorman trail on foot or horseback. Excellent site. My personal favorite in Louisiana

RANGER REVIEW:BANNER AND OAK T-SHIRT AT PARAGON CASINO RESORT RV PARK

PRODUCT REVIEW BANNER AND OAK T-SHIRT As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time - today I am testing a Banner and Oak T-shirt. https://bannerandoak.com/products/camp-navy?variant=441825624068&currency=USD&gclid=CjwKCAjwtO7qBRBQEiwAl5WC2_0XqYiJxOuate5OBrZoqMXBxOQJYNVPo5C4gRHVLoRXmsNnkAvO9BoCA78QAvD_BwE This shirt is fantastic! My husband is very tough on clothes, but after several washes, it still maintains it's size and shape! The shirt is super soft and held up well in the extreme heat of Louisiana summer. Thanks for the honor of trying this out, and I hope you all do as well! You won't be disappointed! CAMPGROUND REVIEW: PARAGON CASINO RESORT AND RV PARK When my sons suggested that we all go camping here, I was leary at first. I thought since it was a Casino that it would be all concrete and flashing lights. I am a woods and water type of girl so I really didn't want to go, but am glad I did! There was ample room for our camper which is 32 feet. Our site number 3, had full hookups and room for a couple of canapies. (Very little shade!) Also had a concrete picnic table and lots of space between campers. The kids were able to go swimming in the large outdoor pool. There's also one inside! There is a walking trail, golf course and of course, if you gamble the casino. If it rains there's also a movie theater. I didn't use the showers or laundry facilities but they had those provided, too.