Abita Springs, LOUISIANA
Most Recent Abita Springs Camping Reviews
Not worth the money 💰

My kids LOVE Yogi Bear because of what it is. YOGI BEAR lol. The place is very run down and I don’t really see where the money is actually going. The sites are horrible, uneven and broken up cement. Doesn’t really pay to have the sites cemented where they are. In the back they aren’t and it really looks like you park where you want. Lots of people brag about their activities but all the times we’ve been here we’ve never known about any activities. The permanent sites here are just ratchet looking. They also have its own “neighborhood” of people living here. The golf coarse was filthy and full of mosquitoes. I’m from south Louisiana so I know about mosquitoes and this was a bit ridiculous in the middle of the day. The basketball court is all broken up and crappy looking. I just see way better Yogi Bear campgrounds out there and it’s such a shame because my kids love Yogi and this one is so close to home!!

Nice State Park

Very nice and clean park. Close to the beach. Very clean bathhouses. Full hook ups. Water park that’s not included but accessible through the park. Hiking trails and pool.

Small and Quiet

Natalbany Campground is nice. They have a fishing pond and small pier. The sites are concrete and so are the roads. They have a swimming pool. They also have cabins you’re able to rent. They have a campground store and arcade room in the front near the pool. During holidays they have lots of activities. They’re also full hook ups.

Old but nice campground

I haven’t stayed in the campground in our own camper yet, but have previously stayed with family in theirs. The campground is nice. It’s not cemented or anything like that. I think you have the basics, water, electricity, and I believe sewer hookups. We’ve stayed in a cabin more recently. The cabin was really nice and taken care of. It was a short walk down a trail to the Boguechitto River. We enjoyed this campground and hopeful to revisit in our own RV.

This is Paradise

Paradise Ranch is a great family campground! It is the home to free roaming red stag deer and potbelly pigs. You can feed them all right from your campsite. Campsites are very large and very level. They have some cemented against the “lagoon” which is a million gallon swimming pool equipped with a zip line, kids splash area, and hot tub! In the back of the campground it’s more woodsy and quiet! They have sites that surround a bass lake. You can go kayaking and fishing here. Bring your own kayaks or rent theirs. They also allow golf carts and side by sides. You can rent one of theirs if you don’t have your own. There are also sites and cabins across the road from the campground against the Boguechitto River. They do offer drop off and pick up services for tubing and kayaking. During the holidays they always have activities.

Way too expensive!

My ex-husband and I were tricked into a membership here, years ago.  The thing that sold us was we were told that the coast to coast membership that went along with the plan we were considering would give us 50% off of airline flights.  LIE!  We were also told that Jellystone in Robert, LA would be a cheap place to stay when we would visit a theme park that was being built in the near future in Robert.  ANOTHER LIE!  The owners of the park are total jerks!  Our daughter's finger got caught in the fan in the ice machine that was exposed, with the grill that was supposed to be covering it that was broken and hanging by a screw.  We had to take her to the ER, where she almost lost her finger.  It was negligence on their part by not fixing the grill properly and they wouldn't pay for the hospital bill.  We sold our membership after that and took a big loss.  These people don't care about their members.  They're just in this to make as much money as possible by "raping" everyone with their high prices and lies.  I only gave it 1 star because I had to in order to write the review.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

Very nice campground

Nice sites. Has a wave pool and regular pool. Close to beach. Clean bathhouses.

Lots of activities

Lots of activities. Nice sites, with plenty of shade. 3 pools, fishing pond. Snack shack.

Nice state park

Nice sites. Close to town with stores and restaurants. Just across the Mississippi River from New Orleans.

Nice State Park

We really enjoyed our stay here last June. It was VERY hot so the access to the Boguechitto River was so great! The beach was clean and taken care of. The bath houses were also clean and well lit. The only downfall we came across was the playground area in the uplands was extremely too hot to even touch. They should think about adding some type of covering for that and a place for parents to sit to watch their kids. The splash park and waterslide is amazing! My kids, ages 7 and 12, always had something to do. It wasn’t a splash park for just the little ones to enjoy like most we go to.

Action-Packed

Humble little Pelican RV Park is not for the faint of heart! For the lucky few who can appreciate a unique city-camping experience, it's an adventure all unto itself! Located off the canal in the Gentilly neighborhood of New Orleans, this area is legendary for its street-racing scene. You'll find yourself with front row seats to the action, which goes on most nights of the week and draws huge crowds from all over the world. The park is small, and what it may lack in amenities is made up for by its oversized lots and reasonable rates. An easy 6-minute drive puts you in the French Quarter, and the gated community is often a little-while home to some of New Orleans' many musicians and performers. The property owner and operator, Greg, has a heart of gold. Be sure to stop in at Smiley's Grill, located at the park's entrance, to say hi to Greg and grab a good meal for a great price, as well.

Lots of wild life.

We enjoy going out to Tickfaw SP every chance we get.  It has some great shady sites; paved, back-in; majority have wooden decks that are campsite level.

We also see wild life when visiting, raccoons, rabbits, many varieties of birds, and yes, snakes (it's nature, people).  The snakes we have seen have been garter snakes and king snakes (non-venomous).

Great splash-pad for the kiddos in summertime. Wonderful Nature Station and great fishing, either at the pond or at the river at the end of the park.

Not terrible, but needs help

Pros: quiet, spacious, inexpensive sites and nice staff Cons: everything else Only one bathhouse to service 2plus camping loops, and that one bathhouse is filthy and non-functional (only one toilet working and the single shower didn’t drain) on the women’s side, an overflowing toilet on the men’s side, and NO hot water on either side. Sites were overgrown somewhat and hadn’t been cleared of debris (leaves, bug nests, etc.) River access is limited and difficult to access. Overall, I wouldn’t recommend this campground unless some upgrades and more maintenance take place.

New Orleans hideaway

Nice little campground 20-30 minutes from NOLA. Perfect spot for camping outside of the city. The facilities were clean and well maintained. The mosquitos were fierce after dark. Short drive to Barataria Preserve for seeing wildlife. Sites are are large but watch what side your picnic table may be on.

So much fun

Staff is amazing. There is a lot of fun things to do for the whole family, from swimming, water slide to playing bingo and a lot more.

BEAUTIFUL

Chill, few minutes to a beautiful beach! Camp and bathroom are really clean. We were lucky to be here during the week(no neighbors, nobody on the beach), I feel it can be less nicer during the weekend…

awesome

I love going to the coast the fishing is awesome

NOT ALL SITES ARE EQUAL

I stayed here for two nights while visiting New Orleans. At check in I asked for a tent site and was told every site is a tent site. I arrived at the space I was assigned and there was very little grass areas and NONE FLAT. Meanwhile I look across the road at several empty sites that would have been very accommodating, lots of flat grass! Yes I should have driven back to the office, but it’s a long distance from the office and campsites and I was tired and decided to make it work. BTW I have a small backpacking tent, anything larger and I definitely would not have fit!

The second day we had a very heavy rainfall and the location I picked for my tent completely flooded. I had to drag my tent to a slightly higher very slopped spot in the rain.

Given how few tents I saw at this campground, couldn’t the registration office have a list of which sites might best accommodate a tent??

Relaxing

Sites around the water and a lot of trees for shade.

Small but well managed

Small campground with a pool, laundry, gift shop, and exceptional staff!

Very Nice RV Park

We stayed there a couple of weeks ago. They have a super clean shower/bath house and a really nice laundry facility. We really enjoyed going to the pool and using the community area.

The Taylors are great owners . Their team that takes care of the facility are extremely nice and helpful, and that also includes the camp host. We cant wait to get back there so that's why we booked another stay in July. Cant wait to see some of the new upgrades to the park.

The best

Primative sites are all by the water!! Awesome place

Close to the beach

Buccaneer state park is a great campground with camper spots, primitive camping, playgrounds, and a pool/water park area. Some spots are located directly across from the beach with a Gulf view.

Too many snakes

Had a couple of snakes show up creeping under our camper. After that I just couldn't enjoy it, lol. Nice trails where we saw a couple of alligators . Pretty wild flowers. A small pond to kayak, where we were greeted by a watch out for gator sign! Back in RV spot, had water and electric hookup.

Perfect getaway, especially if you have children!

There is mini golf(18 holes), canoeing, kayaking, petal boat rental, "mining for gemstones", fishing, a giant slide, 3 pools and a hot tub. The store on site gives easy access to any items you may have forgotten. Live music happens on special weekends, as well as holiday related activities for kids. Yogi also raises the flag on Saturdays and all the kids can go on a "Hey ride" with Yogi after. There are places to play volleyball, basketball, and horseshoes. Also a play place for kids with sand pit.

A+ Location

Great camping, group areas, beautiful scenery. Great pier and view of Lake Pontchartrain!

Noisy, but close to French Quarter

This is a small RV Park, with only about 40 sites. It is just 5 miles from down town New Orleans, and the French Quarter. They are on the bus line, and also have a shuttle to the Quarter. This Is a gated facility, all full hook-ups, and free WIFI, Pool, Spa, Coin-op Laundry with clean, modern restrooms. The owner lives on-site, and will gladly help find and book tour for you.

Close to downtown!

This was a nice KOA near the French Quarter. The KOA offers transportation to the French Quarter for free! It was such a nice perk! The pool is very nice and the sites are clean, level and spacious. We enjoyed our time here. Take time to explore the area. Shopping is nearby.

Overnight stop

We stopped here for an overnight on our way to Florida. It is a Passport America park so we used our discount. The owner was super helpful and very nice. We got in late and he was very accomodating. The site was level. There are many residents in this park but they were very friendly. It is run down but you can tell it used to be very nice. Worth an overnight.

Large and beautiful

Nice facilities the shower house / bathrooms are kept clean. Laundry is available at no charge, wifi is slow. This campground can hold any size RV or tent, some sites with full hook-ups. Close to the beach and a nice bike trail into town.