Abita Springs, LOUISIANA

Most Recent Abita Springs Camping Reviews
Huge Park with Tons of Amenities

This park is giant! There are probably over 200 sites for camping in this park with beachfront sites and even primitive drive up sites for tent camping back in the woods. The park has 2 shower areas and 4 bathrooms on site as well as multiple playgrounds for the kiddos and even a water park! It is located directly across the street from the Gulf of Mexico and has its own private beach. I stayed in the primitive camping sites for 2 nights because all other sites were reserved for the weekend and it was great. No electric hookup or water but the sites are privately tucked away in the woods and only cost 15$ per night. If you want, you can stay beachfront for 48$ and I believe the regular sites with hookups and water are around $30 per night. The park itself is very well maintained and has ice and drinks for sale in the front office. The employees are extremely nice and helpful and will even tell you about fun things to do in town while you’re there. Definitely the biggest and one of the nicest campgrounds/state parks I’ve stayed in. Worth the trip!

Cheap safe minimalist paradise

It’s a city not a national park though one could make argument big cities are like zoos. Anyway super cheap under $20 full hookup. Sherltered behind gas station next to a free way so there is noise but not inside cab. Laundry room was clean and operating as was showers. Owner was nice enough to walk us out. No frills off street Orleans on a budget look no further

A nice place to camp

A very nice state park.  Our visit was too short to enjoy much,  but we definitely did enjoy it for the overnight-to-late-morning that we were there! and,  there are playgrounds and a beach!

A family of raccoons must have been fed by someone,  though, as they had NO fear nor qualms of coming right up to our table end one evening! 😱

Best Halloween Fun

I have only been to Yogi Bear for Halloween but it's the best Halloween fun ever! Everyone decorates their campsites, there's hayrides and haunted houses. They have plenty of scheduled activities to keep the kids busy all day. Have a little cash in hand as some activities do cost money (but only a few bucks). On Saturday night they close the campground roads down for 2 hours and all the kids go trick or treating. Bring lots of candy! Plan ahead, they do 3 weekends of Halloween in a row and they book crazy fast (we booked a full year in advance). I'll be honest, the campground is old and run down and I probably wouldn't visit here outside of Halloween but highly recommended for some great family Halloween fun!

Favorite campsite yet!

This place was so much fun and by far my favorite I've been to yet. Lots to do for everyone. They have a large pool and instead of a cement deck it's surrounded by sand so you can put up your pop up tent and chairs and enjoy. It's a huge wooded area with lots of wildlife. I was a huge fan of watching the deer and pigs. They have a volleyball net, horse shoes, bean bag toss and fishing. There were daily activities for the kids. Spacious shaded campsites. Not all are paved and you do pay extra for those that are so of that's important to you be on the look out. They do have a small store on sure but it's very little so make sure you have what you need before you go.

Great Summer Fun

This camp ground is great for summer months but outside of swimming there's not much to do or see. You pay a lot of money to park your camper in a large parking lot and swim. Campsites are close, no trees or wildlife, you can kayak on the lake but it's expensive.

Beautiful State Park Close to Main Cities

Tickfaw is a great location. Campsites were spacious and quite. There's fishing and plenty of walking trails. Highly suggested for those that prefer the state park wildlife camping.

Beautiful RV resort

The RV resort was wonderful. The staff was super friendly. It was close enough to the French Quarter to take a Uber so we didn’t have to worry about parking. Will definitely eat going back again.

Awesome For the Kids!

Although we adults considered living there full time. It was a great week, all for kids are range 7-3 loved this place.

Large sites and a blast

We stayed in the back p section so a golf cart was necessary (rented there). The front lagoon was cold but fun. Used their services to go tubing down the river and it was a great section of the river to tube in. Went to back corner to see pigs and deer, fed deer from our hand, amazing experience. The sites were large and shady and level

Old but awesome

Older campground with small pool and older water slide but very homey. Shades and grass and dirt roads. Awesome creek that the kids have a blast in

Nature

Extra cost for wavepool and slides up front and pool. Lots of trees and shade, paved roads for kids to ride bikes, large playground area, some short hiking trails

Glamping

Very nice resort, mostly concrete, not a lot of trees, kids enjoyed pool, lazy river, blow up obstacle course on lake

Quiet Little Getaway

This is a great little campground away from it all. Keep in mind it is away from everything, not near attractions of any sort. However, the campground is clean and quiet. There is a swimming pool in the summer, as well as the river for fishing and swimming, and  fishing pond on the back side. Many amenities such as pool tables, showers, a little store, fire rings, outdoor and indoor games, etc. We wintered there for 6 months, and enjoyed it.

Very nice and clean for an rv park and campground

Very nice and clean rv park and campground

Party Place

No shade, lots of activities, water jumping things, put out, tennis court, kiddie pool, adult only pool with swim up bar, lazy river with bar, huge play area for kids, movie nights & bands. It is a party place!

Great State Park

Lots of great spots with shade, 2 play grounds, one in each section. 2 bath houses with laundry facility. Cabins on Bayou Segnette, boat launch. Close to fresh seafood. 20 minute drive to Downtown New Orleans.

Small campground, State Park, 2 sections, 1 section above Bayou, 2nd section has boat launch a camping spots.

Love this place, small, quiet, close to Bayou & Lake Pontchatrain. Close to good restaurants & fresh seafood.

Beautiful Views: Louisiana at it’s best!

This is such a lovely park! Just north of Lake Pontchartrain on the river, it’s quaint and clean. We only stayed one evening, but our sunset walk was worth it! Be mindful to choose a spot with lots of shade- we didn’t and regretted it.

Great Park!

This park is well maintained and in a great location.

Very Nice!

The park has RV sites, tent camping and rental cabins on the lake. Fishing, sightseeing, relaxing. Its all here!

Absolutely the most charming hidden gem on the Gulf Coast. On the water with access to the Gulf, Pearl River and wildlife refuges.

Friendly, kind and helpful owners offer a kid’s playground, swimming pool and large RV campsites. Full hookups at most sites. Tent camping accommodated as well.

Not worth the money 💰

My kids LOVE Yogi Bear because of what it is. YOGI BEAR lol. The place is very run down and I don’t really see where the money is actually going. The sites are horrible, uneven and broken up cement. Doesn’t really pay to have the sites cemented where they are. In the back they aren’t and it really looks like you park where you want. Lots of people brag about their activities but all the times we’ve been here we’ve never known about any activities. The permanent sites here are just ratchet looking. They also have its own “neighborhood” of people living here. The golf coarse was filthy and full of mosquitoes. I’m from south Louisiana so I know about mosquitoes and this was a bit ridiculous in the middle of the day. The basketball court is all broken up and crappy looking. I just see way better Yogi Bear campgrounds out there and it’s such a shame because my kids love Yogi and this one is so close to home!!

Nice State Park

Very nice and clean park. Close to the beach. Very clean bathhouses. Full hook ups. Water park that’s not included but accessible through the park. Hiking trails and pool.

Small and Quiet

Natalbany Campground is nice. They have a fishing pond and small pier. The sites are concrete and so are the roads. They have a swimming pool. They also have cabins you’re able to rent. They have a campground store and arcade room in the front near the pool. During holidays they have lots of activities. They’re also full hook ups.

Old but nice campground

I haven’t stayed in the campground in our own camper yet, but have previously stayed with family in theirs. The campground is nice. It’s not cemented or anything like that. I think you have the basics, water, electricity, and I believe sewer hookups. We’ve stayed in a cabin more recently. The cabin was really nice and taken care of. It was a short walk down a trail to the Boguechitto River. We enjoyed this campground and hopeful to revisit in our own RV.

This is Paradise

Paradise Ranch is a great family campground! It is the home to free roaming red stag deer and potbelly pigs. You can feed them all right from your campsite. Campsites are very large and very level. They have some cemented against the “lagoon” which is a million gallon swimming pool equipped with a zip line, kids splash area, and hot tub! In the back of the campground it’s more woodsy and quiet! They have sites that surround a bass lake. You can go kayaking and fishing here. Bring your own kayaks or rent theirs. They also allow golf carts and side by sides. You can rent one of theirs if you don’t have your own. There are also sites and cabins across the road from the campground against the Boguechitto River. They do offer drop off and pick up services for tubing and kayaking. During the holidays they always have activities.

Way too expensive!

My ex-husband and I were tricked into a membership here, years ago.  The thing that sold us was we were told that the coast to coast membership that went along with the plan we were considering would give us 50% off of airline flights.  LIE!  We were also told that Jellystone in Robert, LA would be a cheap place to stay when we would visit a theme park that was being built in the near future in Robert.  ANOTHER LIE!  The owners of the park are total jerks!  Our daughter's finger got caught in the fan in the ice machine that was exposed, with the grill that was supposed to be covering it that was broken and hanging by a screw.  We had to take her to the ER, where she almost lost her finger.  It was negligence on their part by not fixing the grill properly and they wouldn't pay for the hospital bill.  We sold our membership after that and took a big loss.  These people don't care about their members.  They're just in this to make as much money as possible by "raping" everyone with their high prices and lies.  I only gave it 1 star because I had to in order to write the review.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

Very nice campground

Nice sites. Has a wave pool and regular pool. Close to beach. Clean bathhouses.

Lots of activities

Lots of activities. Nice sites, with plenty of shade. 3 pools, fishing pond. Snack shack.