About Tickfaw State Park
No Market
Tickfaw State Park is located in Louisiana
6 Reviews of Tickfaw State Park
Lots of wild life.

We enjoy going out to Tickfaw SP every chance we get.  It has some great shady sites; paved, back-in; majority have wooden decks that are campsite level.

We also see wild life when visiting, raccoons, rabbits, many varieties of birds, and yes, snakes (it's nature, people).  The snakes we have seen have been garter snakes and king snakes (non-venomous).

Great splash-pad for the kiddos in summertime. Wonderful Nature Station and great fishing, either at the pond or at the river at the end of the park.

Too many snakes

Had a couple of snakes show up creeping under our camper. After that I just couldn't enjoy it, lol. Nice trails where we saw a couple of alligators . Pretty wild flowers. A small pond to kayak, where we were greeted by a watch out for gator sign! Back in RV spot, had water and electric hookup.

Great little park

Tickfaw State Park is a Louisiana State Park located just outside of Springfield, LA.  The park is not very large, but big enough not to constantly run into people.  On this visit, we took our Christmas pictures along the “Cypress Gum Trial” - a boardwalk walk trail located across the street from the campsites and around the playground(s).  There is a nice covered area with picnic tables.  There are 2 camping loops - (1) for tents and (1) for RV’s.  Our site, #37 on the tent loop, we had enough space as well as privacy.  We went the weekend after Thanksgiving and the park was not overcrowded and the weather was perfect.  I did find the boardwalk trail was VERY slippery covered in wet leaves.

Great RV utilities

No dip in electricity at peak usage. Good water pressure. Free laundry for campers. Our site was lined with woods and gave us the feeling of seclusion.

My family go to park

This park is VERY family friendly.

Camping - There are 2 loops - 1-primative tent only camping, 1-RV/tent camping. There is a nice bathhouse in a central location to both loops. There is a bit of privacy between tent spots because of the trees. My favorite spots are 47,49,50. I have had a few of my reservations cancelled by the park when the river is high because the camping areas will flood.

Park - there are few different hiking trails - check Tickfaw River levels (or call park) because when the river is high, 1 or 2 of the trails could be under water. There is a ADA boardwalk trail that is very nice (especially for the kiddos) with a covered picnic area. The park offers a nature center that is really nice and they have animal demonstrations where you are able to really learn about Louisiana wildlife and touch the animals as well. This park is a great place to bring bikes as well. During the summer months, there is a splash pad that kids really enjoy. This is also a great park to rent canoes (or bring your own) for a day out on the waterways.

True Louisiana atmosphere, fun for every age!

Every time we visit this park (which is a lot) we are able to have a new and fun adventure!

When my children were very young. This was one of the first places in the area to have a splash park for my children to run and play while staying cool in the south Louisiana heat.

Move up a few years, Tickfaw has provided myself and children with hours of fun, safe and informative hikes along the well maintained boardwalks through South Louisiana swamps.

As my children have grown we have still been able to explore the park further by utilizing the campgrounds! The tent camping section has defined/ private tent sites with picnic tables, and parking next to each site. The Rv park also boost a fun and family atmosphere, with fishing ponds, bike riding, canoeing, and primitive hiking. All with clean and air conditioned restroom facilities easily accessible to all sites.