Lafayette, LOUISIANA
Most Recent Lafayette Camping Reviews
Beginner fisherman’s dream

Done a lot of fishing out here since I was a child- great place to take kids, lots of fun!

Great

Kids loved it

Great hiking

We go to Chicot often because it is close to us. It has good hiking trails and arboretum. We usually tent camp on the south loop. These sites are not too close together. The only complaint have is that the tent pads need to be redone. The bathhouse is old but kept clean. There is a playground and splash pad near by for the kids. The lake is beautiful. Convince store is near by and WalMart about 20 minutes away.

Decent Spot

It's a decent spot for being nearby to Lafayette. The thing I don't like is the expensive prices for State Parks in Louisiana and the closed gates that don't allow late night entrance. Small man made pond in the back, watched a kid catch a large bass a few years back. The primitive hike in spots are on the back side of the pond so you have to hike in about a mile to rent camp for cheaper than the price of the RV pull up spots. This is a newer state park and it has nice, clean, large facilities with showers and bathrooms. The trail is super short. Overall the park is very small. Fun spot for kayak fishing. Noticed lots of invasive apple snails.

Was nice little campground

Was nice with lots of shade. Right on Bayou Teche. Very quiet and had a small petting zoo. But Campground is now closed.

Tight spaces

This is a typical KOA with the normal KOA amenities and tight spaces. We normally stayed a month at a time and always were put in the section that is farthest away from the office and all of those amenities. The brunette co-owner is “curt, bordering on rude”. The rest of the staff are great to deal with!

The store is adequate as are the showers, the laundry (w/a mini library swap stop) is very nice. This KOA is very clean.

Its Aight

Its an aight spot to escape the city and not far from Lafayette. I like the grills and covered areas on the beach with the picnic tables. I don't like all the thick black oily mulch like substance in the water, its like quicksand and hard to swim in. This is not a tent camping area so I'm not sure why its listed as such, tents arent allowed here. The entrance fee is cheap.

Small but ok

Nothing special about this campground, but a nice get-away if you live close by and just want to enjoy some peace and quiet away from home.  That's what I always used it for.  Warning, though…bring your own water.  Something is wrong with the water there.  It smells and tastes weird.  Don't know if it's the pipes or what, but it's nasty.

Beautiful scenery, great Hospitality

Poche’s have great spots that can be backed in and there are a few pull throughs. The owners are very hospitable. There are facilities for group events. This is where we take our camper when we wish to find peace, quiet, and great fishing.

Large campground

Pets are welcome, showers, restrooms, and laundry room, paved/gravel roads, Propane onsite, Open all year, free Cable TV and WiFi, nice pool with slides, Tennis Court, playground for kids, ponds with fishing.

Nice campground. Clean bathhouse. Nice pool with water slides. Close to Lafayette with shopping and restaurants.

Nice little campground

Nice little little campground. Has stocked catfish ponds but you must pay for what you catch and no catch and release.

Nice easy to find

Nice large shaded sites. Propane available. Close to the atchafalaya basin. Good fishing.

Very secluded, roomy sites with room to roam. Gravel roads good condition. Has a boat landing with fresh water fishing.

Ok for a KOA

Sites very tight could not open my awning all the way. Nice fishing pond. Close to city. To close to I10 interstate. To much vehicle noise.

Sites are a little close together, no shade. There is a nice pool with a lazy river, bring your own tube or float. There is a DJ or band on summer weekends. Golf carts allowed $15 for the weekend.

Nice large sites. Boat landing, water play area. Canoeing, nice hiking trails. Not near a town. Must drive a levee to campground but the road is paved and good condition.

Great State Park and campgrounds.

One of the best and longest loop trails in the state! 👍🏻👍🏻

Swamp and raccoons

We were alone, literally alone! What I love, but when you alone all the little things gonna focus on you… cats, raccoons, possums, we were surrendered! The park is really nice for one night.

Great State Park

Located south of Abbeville, LA, in a swampy region. They honor National Park Pass with half price sites. Water and electric adequate. No sewer. Washers and dryers available. Splash pad. Pavilions for rent. Educational program by rangers.

Excellent RV park in between New Orleans and Texas state line

Concrete pads, good electricity but water pressure a bit low. I had better pressure using my onboard water and pump. Bar and grill are good and weekend music.

Heart of Cajun country

about 10 miles from my bayou camp I love to go hike and just hang out every time u come you will see something new it’s just amazing

Nice state park

Very nice state park and quit

Fish, bike, hike

We camped at site 363, not too bad, definitely needs upgrades. Not enough space between campers to even light a fire. There are miles of beautiful hiking trails, but beware of snakes! The bathrooms were recently updated so they were really nice. Also the laundry facilities were clean! Not too many wild flowers this trip. 😞

The site is nice however,

This place is ok, there are hook ups and a great trail, its next to a city park for the kids but then there is the however part. Its in the middle of town, you travel thru a neighbor to get to it, the park is a city park so on the weekend its pretty crowded.

It Ok

If you are looking for a place to park your camper and ride around on golf carts this is the place for. If you are looking for a place to camp and experience the great outdoors, not so much.

Great place to visit

I'm going with 41/2 stars! Great facilities, Great fishing, Great hiking, Great Arboretum! The only down side is that it can get a little crowded and noisy on busy weekends.

Wooded, quiet, convenient, amazing

This was a quiet spot surrounded by woods but near the super clean bathroom! There was a fire pit, grill and picnic table for use! Day 2 we rented a boat and paddled out for some fishing. The process was seamless and the staff friendly. The fishing pier was amazing and the kids loved how far out it went. Overall a great experience.

It's good enough.

The campground isn't the prettiest, but it's got a convenient location and offers hiking, kayaking, boating, and fishing options. I was warned over and over about the racoons, but we didn't experience them. Even in February there was a good bit of humidity - and the fish weren't biting. We had an enjoyable time, but only plan to stay here when going further is not an option.

Great Campground

We went camping in a tent this weekend at the park and really enjoyed it. We stayed at the south landing camping area in loop A. If you plan on camping in a tent I recommend the spots in loop A and most in loop D. B and C are more for RVs but you could still set up there, those two loops are more open and the spots are closer. Loops A and D are a little more spread out and have trees between some spots. The main bathroom was in good shape and had heat. Trash was picked up every morning by the park. Our spot had a fire ring, water , and electricity. The park allows you to use dead tree limbs for firewood. One thing to know about spots on loop A near the comfort station is that there’s a treatment plant in the center that kicks on every once in a while and makes a good bit of noise at night when the motor runs. It helped put me to sleep but it might bother others. Also theres no cell signal except in one or two random spots of the campground but it was nice to unplug for a weekend . We really enjoyed this campground and park though and will definitely be back .