New Orleans , LOUISIANA

Camping Louisiana New Orleans

Most Recent New Orleans Camping Reviews
Coastal Breeze

Got a nice shady spot towards the back of the campground. Good ranger presence, regularly patrol. Hiking trail is only about a mile but leads to a nice marshy overlook. Clean bathrooms.

No need to go anywhere else

We enjoyed this camp because there was something for the whole family.  Pools, waterslides, beach, fishing… It was a really fun place to go.  There were plenty of shaded campsites.  There are usually a lot of kids going back and forth to all of the activities, especially in the summer.

Nice Campground but not fully accessible

The staff is friendly they work hard to keep everyone informed about activities at the clubhouse. Answering lot of questions from me and other guests. Facilities are nice full hook ups at every site. I could only give them 4 of 5 stars because of challenges using my electric mobility wheelchair. They have handicap ♿ parking in the clubhouse. They could have a better threshold to enter and exit the building. The ladies rest room did have a handicapped ♿ stall with a grab bar and plenty of room for my chair. However it needs a chair height toilet. The roads are full of loose rocks where my chair got stuck 2x on the way to the clubhouse. The grass was too wet and muddy to drive on also.

Only minutes from Bourbon

So glad I decided to stay here. This is a great park tucked away from everything yet only 15 minutes to bourbon street and 10 minutes to Frenchmen. Great place to stay on the water.

Attack of the termites

We showed up to a swampy site (it’s a bayou after all) full of mosquitos. As soon as the sun went down, the termites flooded every light source. By the next day things seemed to drY up a bit and we were able to enjoy the wildlife and some great fishing. Our site was large with H2O and electricity. Our neighbors put a real damper on our stay with their 6 dogs, loud TV in the tent and fighting at all hours of the night - but that’s circumstantial.

Swampy campground

Not sure if theyjust had rain ornot but water is standing every where. Did not have reservations and was assigned site 12. Wouldn't have been my choice, but there wasn't that much to choose from.Park was actually pretty decent, just didn'tlive upto the hype I have read. 30 & 50 amp & water at the site. Asphalt pad pretty level. Decent cell ATT & Verizon. OTA TV had  channels, but did't really check it out.

Highlight was Westwego Shrimp Market 2 blocks away. Great prices on fresh shrimp.

Small Sites but Good Fishing

The park has a few primitive spots, but everything is small and close. Hiking trail is maybe a half mile, but that’s about it. There is a beautiful boardwalk on the Tchefuncte River, though, with great fishing.

Very Nice

I stayed with a friend in her camper. Our site was right next to boat launch. It was very beautiful. The park is clean. They have a splash pad and playground for the kids. The bathhouse only has two showers. There isn't alot of water pressure. It is hot water though. This is a very nice place

They have a water problem

I want to give them a 5, but they have a water problem. It doesn’t take much rain to have standing water in many sites. Lots of the pads are old and narrow. You find yourself stepping out your coach into sloppy mud. The grade on some sites are too much for class A coaches. But if the weather is good and you get a good pad, it’s a beautiful campground.

A parking lot.

We stayed 4 days and it served its purpose, to visit New Orleans at a reasonable price. Don't come here thinking it's the great outdoors camping spot with plenty of activities. It's basically a gravel parking lot with hook ups. We were very close to the office and still couldn't get the wifi. The park backs up to a Railroad yard but the train noise wasn't the problem. The traffic noise on the adjacent Hwy was terrible and all night. The sewer hookups stick up a foot above the ground which makes it impossible to get your discharge hose to drain without standing out there to help it. It is also in a bad part of town, if there is a good part. Now saying all that I still gave it three stars because for the price, and location to N. O. It's about the best you're going to get.