Kenner, LOUISIANA
Most Recent Kenner Camping Reviews
Cheap safe minimalist paradise

It’s a city not a national park though one could make argument big cities are like zoos. Anyway super cheap under $20 full hookup. Sherltered behind gas station next to a free way so there is noise but not inside cab. Laundry room was clean and operating as was showers. Owner was nice enough to walk us out. No frills off street Orleans on a budget look no further

A nice place to camp

A very nice state park.  Our visit was too short to enjoy much,  but we definitely did enjoy it for the overnight-to-late-morning that we were there! and,  there are playgrounds and a beach!

A family of raccoons must have been fed by someone,  though, as they had NO fear nor qualms of coming right up to our table end one evening! 😱

Best Halloween Fun

I have only been to Yogi Bear for Halloween but it's the best Halloween fun ever! Everyone decorates their campsites, there's hayrides and haunted houses. They have plenty of scheduled activities to keep the kids busy all day. Have a little cash in hand as some activities do cost money (but only a few bucks). On Saturday night they close the campground roads down for 2 hours and all the kids go trick or treating. Bring lots of candy! Plan ahead, they do 3 weekends of Halloween in a row and they book crazy fast (we booked a full year in advance). I'll be honest, the campground is old and run down and I probably wouldn't visit here outside of Halloween but highly recommended for some great family Halloween fun!

Great Summer Fun

This camp ground is great for summer months but outside of swimming there's not much to do or see. You pay a lot of money to park your camper in a large parking lot and swim. Campsites are close, no trees or wildlife, you can kayak on the lake but it's expensive.

Beautiful State Park Close to Main Cities

Tickfaw is a great location. Campsites were spacious and quite. There's fishing and plenty of walking trails. Highly suggested for those that prefer the state park wildlife camping.

Great RV park

Ocean Canyon Property Resort. We love this park. Indoor and outdoor pools. Large clubhouse.

Friendly and clean

There are cabins and RV sites with FULL HOOKUPS, WiFi, cable, fish cleaning stations, a pool, and a washer and dryer. The owner and operators are friendly and the place is kept clean. There’s no shade so it gets pretty hot during the summer which is the only complaint I have. We’ll definitely be back next time we stay close to Grand Isle.

Beautiful RV resort

The RV resort was wonderful. The staff was super friendly. It was close enough to the French Quarter to take a Uber so we didn’t have to worry about parking. Will definitely eat going back again.

Awesome For the Kids!

Although we adults considered living there full time. It was a great week, all for kids are range 7-3 loved this place.

Old but awesome

Older campground with small pool and older water slide but very homey. Shades and grass and dirt roads. Awesome creek that the kids have a blast in

Glamping

Very nice resort, mostly concrete, not a lot of trees, kids enjoyed pool, lazy river, blow up obstacle course on lake

Quiet Little Getaway

This is a great little campground away from it all. Keep in mind it is away from everything, not near attractions of any sort. However, the campground is clean and quiet. There is a swimming pool in the summer, as well as the river for fishing and swimming, and  fishing pond on the back side. Many amenities such as pool tables, showers, a little store, fire rings, outdoor and indoor games, etc. We wintered there for 6 months, and enjoyed it.

Party Place

No shade, lots of activities, water jumping things, put out, tennis court, kiddie pool, adult only pool with swim up bar, lazy river with bar, huge play area for kids, movie nights & bands. It is a party place!

Great State Park

Lots of great spots with shade, 2 play grounds, one in each section. 2 bath houses with laundry facility. Cabins on Bayou Segnette, boat launch. Close to fresh seafood. 20 minute drive to Downtown New Orleans.

Small campground, State Park, 2 sections, 1 section above Bayou, 2nd section has boat launch a camping spots.

Love this place, small, quiet, close to Bayou & Lake Pontchatrain. Close to good restaurants & fresh seafood.

Beautiful Views: Louisiana at it’s best!

This is such a lovely park! Just north of Lake Pontchartrain on the river, it’s quaint and clean. We only stayed one evening, but our sunset walk was worth it! Be mindful to choose a spot with lots of shade- we didn’t and regretted it.

Very Nice!

The park has RV sites, tent camping and rental cabins on the lake. Fishing, sightseeing, relaxing. Its all here!

Absolutely the most charming hidden gem on the Gulf Coast. On the water with access to the Gulf, Pearl River and wildlife refuges.

Friendly, kind and helpful owners offer a kid’s playground, swimming pool and large RV campsites. Full hookups at most sites. Tent camping accommodated as well.

Not worth the money 💰

My kids LOVE Yogi Bear because of what it is. YOGI BEAR lol. The place is very run down and I don’t really see where the money is actually going. The sites are horrible, uneven and broken up cement. Doesn’t really pay to have the sites cemented where they are. In the back they aren’t and it really looks like you park where you want. Lots of people brag about their activities but all the times we’ve been here we’ve never known about any activities. The permanent sites here are just ratchet looking. They also have its own “neighborhood” of people living here. The golf coarse was filthy and full of mosquitoes. I’m from south Louisiana so I know about mosquitoes and this was a bit ridiculous in the middle of the day. The basketball court is all broken up and crappy looking. I just see way better Yogi Bear campgrounds out there and it’s such a shame because my kids love Yogi and this one is so close to home!!

It’s been closed for a few years now.

This once was a beautiful and quiet place! Now it’s privately owned and no longer a campground.

Way too expensive!

My ex-husband and I were tricked into a membership here, years ago.  The thing that sold us was we were told that the coast to coast membership that went along with the plan we were considering would give us 50% off of airline flights.  LIE!  We were also told that Jellystone in Robert, LA would be a cheap place to stay when we would visit a theme park that was being built in the near future in Robert.  ANOTHER LIE!  The owners of the park are total jerks!  Our daughter's finger got caught in the fan in the ice machine that was exposed, with the grill that was supposed to be covering it that was broken and hanging by a screw.  We had to take her to the ER, where she almost lost her finger.  It was negligence on their part by not fixing the grill properly and they wouldn't pay for the hospital bill.  We sold our membership after that and took a big loss.  These people don't care about their members.  They're just in this to make as much money as possible by "raping" everyone with their high prices and lies.  I only gave it 1 star because I had to in order to write the review.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

Lots of activities

Lots of activities. Nice sites, with plenty of shade. 3 pools, fishing pond. Snack shack.

Nice state park

Nice sites. Close to town with stores and restaurants. Just across the Mississippi River from New Orleans.

Action-Packed

Humble little Pelican RV Park is not for the faint of heart! For the lucky few who can appreciate a unique city-camping experience, it's an adventure all unto itself! Located off the canal in the Gentilly neighborhood of New Orleans, this area is legendary for its street-racing scene. You'll find yourself with front row seats to the action, which goes on most nights of the week and draws huge crowds from all over the world. The park is small, and what it may lack in amenities is made up for by its oversized lots and reasonable rates. An easy 6-minute drive puts you in the French Quarter, and the gated community is often a little-while home to some of New Orleans' many musicians and performers. The property owner and operator, Greg, has a heart of gold. Be sure to stop in at Smiley's Grill, located at the park's entrance, to say hi to Greg and grab a good meal for a great price, as well.

Lots of wild life.

We enjoy going out to Tickfaw SP every chance we get.  It has some great shady sites; paved, back-in; majority have wooden decks that are campsite level.

We also see wild life when visiting, raccoons, rabbits, many varieties of birds, and yes, snakes (it's nature, people).  The snakes we have seen have been garter snakes and king snakes (non-venomous).

Great splash-pad for the kiddos in summertime. Wonderful Nature Station and great fishing, either at the pond or at the river at the end of the park.

New Orleans hideaway

Nice little campground 20-30 minutes from NOLA. Perfect spot for camping outside of the city. The facilities were clean and well maintained. The mosquitos were fierce after dark. Short drive to Barataria Preserve for seeing wildlife. Sites are are large but watch what side your picnic table may be on.

So much fun

Staff is amazing. There is a lot of fun things to do for the whole family, from swimming, water slide to playing bingo and a lot more.

BEAUTIFUL

Chill, few minutes to a beautiful beach! Camp and bathroom are really clean. We were lucky to be here during the week(no neighbors, nobody on the beach), I feel it can be less nicer during the weekend…

NOT ALL SITES ARE EQUAL

I stayed here for two nights while visiting New Orleans. At check in I asked for a tent site and was told every site is a tent site. I arrived at the space I was assigned and there was very little grass areas and NONE FLAT. Meanwhile I look across the road at several empty sites that would have been very accommodating, lots of flat grass! Yes I should have driven back to the office, but it’s a long distance from the office and campsites and I was tired and decided to make it work. BTW I have a small backpacking tent, anything larger and I definitely would not have fit!

The second day we had a very heavy rainfall and the location I picked for my tent completely flooded. I had to drag my tent to a slightly higher very slopped spot in the rain.

Given how few tents I saw at this campground, couldn’t the registration office have a list of which sites might best accommodate a tent??

Small but well managed

Small campground with a pool, laundry, gift shop, and exceptional staff!