Baton Rouge, LOUISIANA

Most Recent Baton Rouge Camping Reviews
Friendly.

Nice place to stay!

Close to Downtown

County equestrian and RV park close to downtown. Stayed here recently while attending an LSU football game. They have a shuttle that provides round trips to the stadium. Nothing fancy about Farr Park, just convenient if you love horses and football.

Halloween

We go every year for Halloween, run down but still fun for kids to trick or treat Cabins are decent if have friends that need someplace to stay Campground holds water with bad rain

Fun family campground

this campground has been around for a long time.  It has great festive activities for the seasonal holidays and a general laid back mind set year round.  Halloween decorations were in full effect.  The campground has a river running through it making it a great option to go up river and kayak back down.

The campground is split into 2 sides - primitive and RV.  A general store sits in the middle for any necessities.  We setup our tent area in the primitive area near the river/beach area.  It has many trails to walk through, open areas for activities, bath houses, and more.

Great spot in Cajun Country!

This was a great little spot to spend a few days.  We had an amazing time watching the wildlife and enjoying the water in the middle of nowhere Louisiana.  There is a bar not too far away that we enjoyed meeting some locals at.  Our hotspots worked great here to have a productive work week too.  Be careful how you get here though!!  There is a low clearance bridge that takes you over the levee that there is no way an RV would clear.  Be sure to check maps/directions and plan accordingly!!

Perfect place for real tent camping

Stayed here awhile ago and it is still my favorite campsite in this area. Most campsites are secluded from others. I recommend this place to anyone.

Beginner fisherman’s dream

Done a lot of fishing out here since I was a child- great place to take kids, lots of fun!

Best Halloween Fun

I have only been to Yogi Bear for Halloween but it's the best Halloween fun ever! Everyone decorates their campsites, there's hayrides and haunted houses. They have plenty of scheduled activities to keep the kids busy all day. Have a little cash in hand as some activities do cost money (but only a few bucks). On Saturday night they close the campground roads down for 2 hours and all the kids go trick or treating. Bring lots of candy! Plan ahead, they do 3 weekends of Halloween in a row and they book crazy fast (we booked a full year in advance). I'll be honest, the campground is old and run down and I probably wouldn't visit here outside of Halloween but highly recommended for some great family Halloween fun!

Great Summer Fun

This camp ground is great for summer months but outside of swimming there's not much to do or see. You pay a lot of money to park your camper in a large parking lot and swim. Campsites are close, no trees or wildlife, you can kayak on the lake but it's expensive.

Beautiful State Park Close to Main Cities

Tickfaw is a great location. Campsites were spacious and quite. There's fishing and plenty of walking trails. Highly suggested for those that prefer the state park wildlife camping.

Awesome For the Kids!

Although we adults considered living there full time. It was a great week, all for kids are range 7-3 loved this place.

Great dog park

Basic campground with pool, awesome dog park area at campground. If leAve Koa property towards back via bike or foot there is a nice park with playground equipment and another large dog area

Glamping

Very nice resort, mostly concrete, not a lot of trees, kids enjoyed pool, lazy river, blow up obstacle course on lake

Party Place

No shade, lots of activities, water jumping things, put out, tennis court, kiddie pool, adult only pool with swim up bar, lazy river with bar, huge play area for kids, movie nights & bands. It is a party place!

Nice place to stay

Owner sand management are the nicest people. Quite, peaceful and in a close location to town. Would stay here again if I am ever in the area. They have change their name to Peaceful Pines and the name says it all.

Exactly what you need when visiting Baton Rouge!

We have stayed here for 4 consecutive years for the Louisiana Marathon weekend in January and couldn’t ask for a better home base for one of our favorite race weekends.

They offer regular pull thru spots with both 30 and 50 amp full hook ups and deluxe with a fire ring and patio space. The campground and bath house are kept clean and there is even a dog park for your furry camping friends.

Was nice little campground

Was nice with lots of shade. Right on Bayou Teche. Very quiet and had a small petting zoo. But Campground is now closed.

Not worth the money 💰

My kids LOVE Yogi Bear because of what it is. YOGI BEAR lol. The place is very run down and I don’t really see where the money is actually going. The sites are horrible, uneven and broken up cement. Doesn’t really pay to have the sites cemented where they are. In the back they aren’t and it really looks like you park where you want. Lots of people brag about their activities but all the times we’ve been here we’ve never known about any activities. The permanent sites here are just ratchet looking. They also have its own “neighborhood” of people living here. The golf coarse was filthy and full of mosquitoes. I’m from south Louisiana so I know about mosquitoes and this was a bit ridiculous in the middle of the day. The basketball court is all broken up and crappy looking. I just see way better Yogi Bear campgrounds out there and it’s such a shame because my kids love Yogi and this one is so close to home!!

Small and Quiet

Natalbany Campground is nice. They have a fishing pond and small pier. The sites are concrete and so are the roads. They have a swimming pool. They also have cabins you’re able to rent. They have a campground store and arcade room in the front near the pool. During holidays they have lots of activities. They’re also full hook ups.

Beautiful scenery, great Hospitality

Poche’s have great spots that can be backed in and there are a few pull throughs. The owners are very hospitable. There are facilities for group events. This is where we take our camper when we wish to find peace, quiet, and great fishing.

Way too expensive!

My ex-husband and I were tricked into a membership here, years ago.  The thing that sold us was we were told that the coast to coast membership that went along with the plan we were considering would give us 50% off of airline flights.  LIE!  We were also told that Jellystone in Robert, LA would be a cheap place to stay when we would visit a theme park that was being built in the near future in Robert.  ANOTHER LIE!  The owners of the park are total jerks!  Our daughter's finger got caught in the fan in the ice machine that was exposed, with the grill that was supposed to be covering it that was broken and hanging by a screw.  We had to take her to the ER, where she almost lost her finger.  It was negligence on their part by not fixing the grill properly and they wouldn't pay for the hospital bill.  We sold our membership after that and took a big loss.  These people don't care about their members.  They're just in this to make as much money as possible by "raping" everyone with their high prices and lies.  I only gave it 1 star because I had to in order to write the review.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

Lots of activities

Lots of activities. Nice sites, with plenty of shade. 3 pools, fishing pond. Snack shack.

Nice little campground

Sites are tight. Has a putt putt course. Close to a Bass Pro Shop store. Lots of shade.

Nice little campground

Nice little little campground. Has stocked catfish ponds but you must pay for what you catch and no catch and release.

Nice easy to find

Nice large shaded sites. Propane available. Close to the atchafalaya basin. Good fishing.

Nice large sites. Boat landing, water play area. Canoeing, nice hiking trails. Not near a town. Must drive a levee to campground but the road is paved and good condition.

Lots of wild life.

We enjoy going out to Tickfaw SP every chance we get.  It has some great shady sites; paved, back-in; majority have wooden decks that are campsite level.

We also see wild life when visiting, raccoons, rabbits, many varieties of birds, and yes, snakes (it's nature, people).  The snakes we have seen have been garter snakes and king snakes (non-venomous).

Great splash-pad for the kiddos in summertime. Wonderful Nature Station and great fishing, either at the pond or at the river at the end of the park.

Excellent RV park in between New Orleans and Texas state line

Concrete pads, good electricity but water pressure a bit low. I had better pressure using my onboard water and pump. Bar and grill are good and weekend music.

Heart of Cajun country

about 10 miles from my bayou camp I love to go hike and just hang out every time u come you will see something new it’s just amazing

What a pit

Drugs abound, roaming dogs and trailer junk yard