Lake Charles, LOUISIANA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Lake Charles Camping Reviews
Great RV park and a Great Beach

This review is about the Holly Beach RV park that you pay to stay at. There is free camping on the beach. but we stayed at the Holly Beach RV Park located on Mallard street

We stayed 3 nights at the Holly Beach RV Resort and we were the only one here. The park is a large concrete slab in the middle of the Holly Beach community. It has 6-8 back-in, full hook-up sites that can fit any big rig. The beach on the Gulf of Mexico is a very short walk away. Our stay was very quiet and enjoyable. There is free camping on the beach should you want to boondock on the beach. We saw very few locals due to the time of year. All of our hooks-up worked perfectly. The sites are all 50 amp so bring a 30 to 50 amp adapter. I recommend this RV park highly and would stay here again. There is no shower or bath house or laundry. Overall we really loved this place.

Great spot

Clean well kept. Extremely friendly staff beautiful location

Free beachfront camping!

This is a great spot that is way off the beaten path!  Rutherford Beach was awesome.  There is a dumpster there and a port o potty, but no hookups.  The sand was hard packed so we were able to pull our 31' Class A onto the sand with no issues.  The cell service is great and we had an awesome time.  It is in the middle of nowhere though so plan accordingly and stock up before you arrive!

Clean

The State Park was clean grass was cut , workers always walking around picking up trash.

Friendly and convenient

I pulled in late last night and there’s actually a property manager on site, so I was able to get a space. A very friendly man met me at the desk, got me checked in quickly and easily and I was settling into my camp space about 15 minutes later. Full hookups, WiFi, continental breakfast, pool and more. Plus conveniently located close to shopping and a Walmart.

Just trashy

They don’t mow the area enough, all of the spots are overgrown, lots of junk laying around….more like a trashy mobile home Park than a RV Park.

Great for hiking, biking, and kayaking

If you like Louisiana Wildlife this is the place for you! I saw a couple of lounging alligators, egrets, snapping turtles, deer, and a chipmunk!!! I was kind of scared when I saw a sign on the trails warning of the gators! As far as RV camping, it wasn't a really nice area. The site we were in was 56, I don't reccomend it. Pretty unlevel and very close to other campers. When it rained, the water pooled on the backside and where the picnic table was. There was a shower house. It was old, but really clean.

Nice amenities

Lots to do with pool, water slide , water play area mini golf and fishing. Stayed when it was a Yogi Bear park.