Larose, LOUISIANA

Most Recent Larose Camping Reviews
Friendly People and Great Location

We really have enjoyed our stay here. My husband has fished in the back pond nearly every day and has always been successful. There's a library literally across the street from the campground and a Dollar General a quarter mile down the road. There's several activities, a hot tub and indoor swimming pool. The laundry facilities are reasonably priced and actually work, unlike some campgrounds we've been to. The staff is very knowledgeable of the area, as well, and directed us to Wilson's Kountry Korner, the best little cajun kitchen we've eaten at.

Better than I Expected!

Nice park! Who would have thunk it, in the middle of New Orleans. A convenient walk to the French Quarter. Very safe and secure. A nice little green park next door for the doggies. Very clean with curbside trash pick-up. A pool and a hot tub (though we weren't there at a warm enough time to use them). Great stay! Oh, our GPS took us on a round about so ask them how best to get there when you book.  I-10 is across the street and a bit loud during the daytime, but less so at night.

Lake Side Large park

This is a busy weekend park within 2 miles of Morgan City, LA. It sits on the edge of a large freshwater lake and has great views. Many sites appear to be Big Rig Friendly. There are various sections of park to choose from. Easy access to park and paved roads inside park. Includes bathhouses, office area, beach and nice boat ramp with dock space. Not sure of a charge for ramp or docks. The East side of the park is wide open and very easy to access with today’s mega rigs and 5th wheels. A large dog park is walking distance and right along the lakeshore.

Best of the west bank

The park is really nice, excellent sites and great amenities there’s a lot of room for bike riding. Great boat launch some of the best fishing you’ll ever find and if you go out on the boat make sure you bring some marshmallows to feed the gators. The wave pool in the summer is usually overcrowded other than that it a nice park.

Bring your bug spray!

It is a long drive to the end of Grand Isle, but you are rewarded with a nice state park with clean amenities. Large flat pull-through sites (much larger than we needed but they can accommodate large RVs). Bathrooms are among the cleanest I have ever seen in any state park. Free laundry is a nice perk but do it early (I was first at 7 am and it piled up soon after). Beach access. Not nicest beach but ok. The $25 fee does not include a $6 processing fee (only applicable for the first night) or tax. The only thing I didn’t like were the vicious mosquitoes!

Convenient location and basic amenities

About 30 back in gravel slots, the neighborhood is not very scenic but it’s a good location right off I-10 and 15 minutes to the French Quarter. I’m a single female traveler and I did not feel unsafe. It has showers, laundry (though a few machines don’t work), a coded gate that closes at 8pm, and a nifty human size chess set. The prices seem to change by season and during events so call in. It is by a train depot, so there is considerable noise. There’s a snow ball stand going south on Chef Hwy on the right that is worth the excursion though I promise 😂

Really Nice Park

This state park is located at the very tip of the Island. It is a beautiful spot that allows you to camp directly on the beach with tents and a stones throw from the beach in an RV. There are about a dozen tent sites and probably 30 RV pull through spots with water and electric hookups. The shower and bathroom are air conditioned and are very well maintained and there is even a dish washing station right outside the wash center. It is $18 a night to camp with a tent and I believe it’s $30 for a pull through spot (in the off season). Only downside to this park is that the gates close at 10 PM and if you’re not already registered to camp (with the key code for the gate) you won’t be able to camp here if you are arriving late and there are no other camp sites for tents on the island. So show up early and enjoy!

Cheap safe minimalist paradise

It’s a city not a national park though one could make argument big cities are like zoos. Anyway super cheap under $20 full hookup. Sherltered behind gas station next to a free way so there is noise but not inside cab. Laundry room was clean and operating as was showers. Owner was nice enough to walk us out. No frills off street Orleans on a budget look no further

Nice

Great place

Great RV park

Ocean Canyon Property Resort. We love this park. Indoor and outdoor pools. Large clubhouse.