The best WALK IN camping near
Three Rocks , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Three Rocks Camping Reviews
So close yet seems so remote!

Basically no one there when we stayed. Some excellent hikes and good climbing if you're into that.

Great hiking trail

I was here mid Nov 20 for 3 days. Laguna mountain road trail is very strenuous The last leg of the trail(primitive trail) is not easy to follow. Someone has marked the trail with stacked rocks. To the summit is about 4.5 miles from the campground. The falls hike is a gradual incline both ways. There are only about 3 drive in spots and a walk-in spot above the trailhead gate. Restroom is there, I didn't use because of the pandemic. All spots occupied and several in and out hikers and hunters. You can get Verizon signal at the 1 mile mark of Laguna mountain road trail, Its climb though

Too crowded for my liking But I would stay here again.

What a great National park!

This is only my 5th National park and was beautiful. Lots of wildlife visitor's. The Park is also home to the California Condor. Bummer that we didn't see any. RV spots have electric plug in. We stayed in a 30 amp spot.

Incredible!!

Absolutely beautiful park!! We stayed at the beginning of the pandemic and only people with campground reservations were allowed in the park. This made it really peaceful and we only saw a couple other people on the trails.

Beautiful out-of-the-way park halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Lots of green space lots of room for kids to play full hook ups available .bathrooms are neat and clean. There is a nice free museum. It’s a county park reasonable rates $25 a night. Unfortunately it’s closed till 2021 due to COVID-19.

Underrated

Saw a lot of deer, birds and raccoons in the campground which is pretty cool!! Pinnacles is super underrated and out in the middle of nowhere, the campground was clean and not too busy. Kind of a far walk to the bathrooms, but you can’t have everything haha. Definitely would stay here again! If you visit you have to hike the steep and narrow section of the high peaks trail! Freaking amazing view and LOTS of condors up there! Also the raccoons were sneaking around the campsite as soon as the sun went down! They definitely do not fear humans like they do out in San Diego! Haha. Overall great experience! Be sure to have enough gas! If you’re coming from the south, it’s about 70 miles from the nearest gas station to the park (one way), great views along CA25!!

Good for hikers

Visited in June and thankfully wasn’t too hot. Definitely lucked out with a site with shade.

Ballsiest raccoons I’ve met while camping.

Really good spot from which to explore the park - be ready to walk if the main road is shut down due to covid.

Nice, quiet campgrounds

I visited in June 2019 and arrived early Saturday morning with no reservations. We were able to get a walk-in camping spot right next to the creek. The spot was pretty and was not too busy. You are able to walk to the shop to take a bus to the hiking trails or use the campground pool when it’s hot out.

Couldnt stay here

Site closed to provide alternative housing for COVID cases

Glad we went

I loved this place. Campsites are secluded. Lots of areas for biking. Beware of the raccoons. They came out as soon as the lights went out. They were neat to watch. Lots and lots of quail. We even saw some coyotes. Loved hiking on the trails. There is a store close by.