Fresno, CALIFORNIA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Fresno Camping Reviews
Well it's ok-ish

It's not great, it's not horrible. There's two main sites. The main one is full hookups. It's nearly always full so you need to reserve as early as possible. The second site is on the back of base. Its dry camping only. And while much cheaper, the only dump site on base is in a really terrible spot. Difficult to get your rig into and out of. It's by the car wash so it's not far but not close either. Second site is 300 a month also. With some easy changes it could be great but I doubt they will.

One of my Favorite Backcountry Overnights

If you are looking for a challenging hike, beautiful views, and complete seclusion…this is it.

The landscape is rocky so you will need to be careful when setting up your tents and also be aware of any fire dangers or restrictions in the area. But there is a nearby stream for water replenishment and and easy hike down to Jennie Lake or Rowell Meadow.

Lots of open space for star gazing at night. You will need a permit for an overnight here but camping itself is free.

Good winter option

We decided to come in the off season in February and we got lucky with weather. Low tonight is only supposed to be in the upper 30s. Very quiet but some sledding and hiking activity close by. Sites are a little close to each other, but being so quiet it's not a big deal. One bathroom is still open and the general store and restaurant are right around the corner. Plus, only $10 a night!

High Sierra Magnificence

Right next to the lake. It is a busy campground for how far away from town it is, but totally worth being that close to the back country. Love it!

Lakeside Camping

This campground is situated by a lake. Love this spot! You’ll hear all the frogs by night and birds in the morning, great place for fly fishing or cat fishing and nice folks staying here! We had a bit of fun filling the truck up to make a portable pool, it’s quite warm in the summer months but perfect if you’re visiting the Clovis Rodeo!!! A local town isn’t far away. Great place for the family and pet friendly! It is pitch black at night, so bring flashlights. Restrooms are available, some sites have water, and trash dump is available. There’s no place on premise to purchase wood but park rangers operate entry at a booth during business hours for more information during your stay, if needed.

Beautifully laid out and amazing trees

While I did not camp here, I did drive through and checked out the sites.

I was looking to get a bit further on my driving or I would have happily set up camp.

I even picked out the site I would have set up camp.  26, huge stump of a tree, bear boxes, fire rings, picnic tables, water on site, flush toilets.  Nice sites for sure.

Some sites are right on top of each other and others are a bit more spread apart.  Drive around and check them all out.

In Mid Sept there were only a handful of campers and the majority were in campers just a few tent campers.

Quiet peaceful and relaxing

December the weather was good no heaters needed , small greay foxes running around had whole camp ground to our self really nice , rest rooms needed a little attention but wasn't too bad , over all we will go back had a nice time

Spacious and Clean

We camped here for just a night, passing the Fresno area but wish we could have stayed longer. Lots of trees, river and lagoon access, friendly and helpful staff. Skoolie friendly to boot!

Quiet and peaceful

Nice drive good place for hard core campers lots of hiking trails to hike up and down lots of places to explore in the falls are really cool good cold water coming off the mountain this is my new spot to camp in until I find another one ! THE SEARCH CONTINUES ! 😎

Good Base Camp for Sequoia

This KOA is a good stopover for people on there way to Yosemite or Sequoia National Park. There's not much around the campsite except for homes but the place has all you need. There's a pool but it's closed from Oct to May.

Cell Service: Great