Sacramento , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Sacramento Camping Reviews
Nice experience, but could have been better

We picked ground #46. Great spot, good views. During the day this place is awesome with no issues. Each campground has its own water spigots, 2 tables, fire fit and semi flat grounds. Our site was well shaded. The issues that made me give this place 3/5 stars is because it is a heavy fishing park so in our campground we found multiple fish hooks and one happen to pierce my sandal. We have a 3 year old and brought our dog so imagine how dangerous that can be. Another issue is that I do not know if this is because of the weather but the whole park is infested with ground beetles that would just land all over you and your food. We couldn’t stay up pass sunset to enjoy the fire and s’mores because you would get flooded with the beetles. I’ve been camping for over 10 years and never seen this issue before. Another this to keep in mind is that you will be camping next to a decommissioned nuclear plant. So that’s half your view right there.

Nice location, rowdy people

Nice size spots. Very rowdy people. Lots of drinking with yelling until 2am. Lots of poison oak as well. Would be better if they enforced quiet time.

c

its nice.. only went for one night visiting family but it wasnt bad.

Perfect weekend getaway

The campground was well maintained and sites plenty large enough for our 35 ft travel trailer. There is a beautiful hike accessible from the campsite that goes around the reservoir.

Fun campground for boating!

I come here with my family every year around 4th of July. I would book way ahead for busy holidays like that.

The water level really varies on the year. Sometimes the water is right up to the edge of the campsites and other years it's about a half-mile walk. Either way it's possible to get campsites with easy access to your boat or jet ski. Some of the campsites can be pretty close to each other so we generally get two or three spots and put our tents in between the two.

There's portable toilets throughout and a centralized area with regular bathrooms, showers and even laundry machines. There's also a little shop near the boat loading area with food and gear.

I've had a lot of great memories here!

Right off the freeway

Loud city noise

Near bike trail

Great for bikers

Trains

If you want city living while camping here is the place

Great sites

Very nice area beautiful lake definitely reccomend bringing ear plugs as the nature in the morning is a very early alarm clock over all a great site that we will come back to

Nice