Huntington Beach, CALIFORNIA

459 Reviews
Camping California Huntington Beach

Most Recent Huntington Beach Camping Reviews
Highest site on Catalina

Black Jack is the highest campground on catalina. Solid views and sites. I'd recommend it only for backpackers. A bit of a hike from Avalon and Airport in the sky, so pack what you need.

Clean RV Park

RV Park that is kept very clean. Spots are close together unless you end up with a larger spot. During COVID you need to reserve your time at the pool. Make sure you know that you want to stay here for the full time because there is not a generous refund policy. We were hoping to change our plans due to the bad air quality and we could not get a refund. It does say that on their website, so it wasn’t a shock. The staff wasn’t super friendly.

Nicest cleanest campground

I had site 126 in the fields, corner site and lake view. This campground has a pool, splash pad, park, dog park and access to the lake. They also have a band on Saturday nights. The only bad part is they strictly enforce quiet time at 10pm. I felt like a kid being told to go to bed. I feel like on weekends people should be able to stay up late in front of their camper with low voices. Shouldn’t be hounded night after night! That was my only complaint.

Nice place

My wife, son and I stayed here with our two dogs for the weekend of 9/11. It was a nice surprise. The place was clean and the sites were private. The campground overlooks Camp Pendleton. The sites had electric and water hook ups with a dump station on site. Good cell service with AT&T. It was a nice 40 minute hike to Trestles Beach. We would definitely stay here again. It was close and convenient for a local camp trip.

Campsites 132-139

This campground is a good introduction for beginners. Campsite was clean for the most part but there was some trash found around the area from the previous campers. The beach is maybe about a 5 min walk. The water was nice and cold and the sand was mixed with pebbles and big rocks so be careful. Bathrooms are clean that provide a sink and toilet paper inside. Showers are conveinent after coming from the beach. Bring cash for the showers for tokens; 1 token for a 2mins shower. $1 for 2 tokens. Campsites have a fire pit, and bench. Spigots and trash cans are located around the area. Trash is taken every morning by the workers so that was nice to see.

Beware of ANTS since we found a lot on our campsite. Be mindful where you put your bag because even if you hang it, they will find it! I'd recommend keeping exposed food in your car. Also bring ant powder or spray just in case. We found ants on our tent, but my friends found them inside their tents as well. Campsite 132-139 is a good spot because it provides a nice middle area for kids to run around. We saw people using bikes, scooters, skate boards and such around the campgrounds since there are pavements.

Overall, this campground is ok. I'm not fond of being this close to our neighbors. Some campsites looked like they overlap eachother because of how close they were.

Best Trans-Cat Stop

If you’re backpacking the Trans-Catalina trail, this is one of the best spots. Great views of the sunset, spaced out campsites with water spouts at each one and a 6 mile hike from airport in the sky. I recommend a site closer to the water. Make sure you have all your supplies with you.

Peaceful campgrounds

This campground is so peaceful and clean!! The rangers are always making sure the restroom are stocked up with toilet paper and clean it daily! The water was so close to us too We stayed at site #59 and it was perfect! The view in the morning of the mountains ⛰ on the left and the perfect view of the sunsetting sunsets 🌇 on the city to the right. The blue jays and woodpeckers were delightful to watch all day! This campsite was perfect!

Nice campground close to OC

First come first serve, short drive from OC making it a nice option for a spontaneous getaway. Sites are pretty close to each other and you can hear some road noise from the 38. We had a great time and would come back for more.

Awesome spot so close to Home

Great spot to get away from the big city being only a 45min drive from the Downtown, couldn’t ask for more

Amazing Hike

Go behind campsite one and you will find a 6 mile hike in and out to two different waterfalls. Really fun and refreshing, limited shade in hike, so a dip at the end is so nice!