Water Unknown
Contact
Blair Valley Campground is located in California
8 Reviews of Blair Valley Campground
Fantastic Campground!

I will definitely be here again! We camped as a group in the more remote part, towards Little Blair Valley. We came in March during the super bloom and it was still very cold at night. We did have a huge gust of wind pick up around 3am and took one of our tents out, but a little adjustment and new placement the next day and it didn’t happen again. It was pet friendly, we had 2 little dogs that loved their stay as much as we did. No running water, or bathrooms (except for a 10 min drive back to the entrance), we were allowed a ground fire at the time. Campsite itself was really great, boy, could you see some stars! Found a trail at some point that led to a rock with petroglyphs and i hope I can find that trail again! Forever in love with Anza!

Wicked spot to camp

The most remote sites are located near Little Blair Valley. Lots of cool short hiking trails nearby. Best part is that it’s free! No ground fires allowed, pack it in pack it out

A True Gem

If you blink you’ll miss it, which is a welcome characteristic for this campground. Blair Valley provided a 10/10 experience for my person and me to take advantage of a three day weekend. Highly recommend for anyone wanting the sense of seclusion with unmatched views as well as convinces a short drive away.

Desert Bliss

This campground is awesome, it is perfect for roaming the desert in peace. The dirt road is well maintained and my dogs were able to explore our whole loop.

Beauty in the desert

Blair Valley is at the base of Julian… no not Ramona the other direction. I needed to take a break from reality over Fourth of July weekend and was afraid of the busy paid camping spots up the mountain in Laguna.

I decided to roll the dice and head somewhere different since it was only myself. Coastal north county to Blair valley it was not a bad drive. Once I arrived in Blair valley it was around 9am. It was hot and from the look of the dried up creek bed it was going to be difficult to find some shade. I took some time driving around the grounds trying to find the right spot. Finally I came up to a 8-9 ft tree with plenty of branches and leaves to cover me most of the day. Will go again!

All and all, hope for clouds during summer or take the time and drive around to find a perfect spot. Not many people out there.

The pictographs were awesome to see and the hikes up the mountain to watch sunrise/sunset were perfect for those desert views.

Drink plenty of water!

Open space and FREE

We pulled over on our way from Joshua Tree to San Diego just looking for a cheap place to stay but we were pleasantly surprised by the peace and quiet of Blair Valley. Great views, plenty of space and some nice hiking and biking trails. Parts of the trails do get sandy the farther down you go so use caution if you don’t have 4 wheel drive or have a very large rig. If you stay toward the front you’ll be fine. Easy in and out as well. Would definitely come here again.

It’s free!!

my home base for Anza Borrego fun. Little Blair valley has beautiful rocky hills that provide a great backdrop to your desert camping. Lots of climbing to be had, as well as several trails. Including pictographs! Simply choose your spot and set up camp!

Ive witnessed some of the most gorgeous sunrises and sunsets here. desert camping, so no trees, but plenty of ocotillo and creosote. I tend to getaway here in fall and winter months it’s just too hot otherwise

Restrooms when you pull in off the highway. Dirt road. But very passable in a car.

primitave

one of my favorite primitave sites. there is one bathroom at the beginning but we typically go much further to find isolation. it's never busy and you can and will find the perfect spot. the further you go towards the pictograph trails, the more cholla so if you have kids, stay towards the first mile. any vehicle can make it on the dirt roads with no issue.