Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Los Angeles Camping Reviews
Quiet. Solitude.

Great primitive campsites. Need sturdy vehicle to get there. Quiet area with very little traffic. Stayed on a Sunday night and we were the only ones in the camp. Fantastic hiking up a nearby creek.

Quiet with Views

Great spot, clean vault toilets, and a good view. Only downside was the incredible high number of yellow jackets in the area and a fire restriction.

Not for those seeking quiet and seclusion

Easy to get to, but fills up VERY fast. Open spaces for large group camping. Fire pits at every campground and easy to walk to hiking trail. Most of the people camping there played loud music all night. Not exactly a get away from the city.

Some characters there, program local sheriff's number before going

It's a pretty nice little campground there's no water at least not that I've seen and there's a pit toilet that is probably the most disgusting toilet I've ever encountered I don't use it I don't go near it I bring a portable toilet every time I stay at this place. There can be some crazy characters and a lot of vagabonds that call this place home and sometimes you can hear some rambunctious conversations and activities which may lead you to want to call 911 but I would call the local sheriff since I'm sure they are very familiar with this campground. Lots of bugs, really nice tables, some of the spots have pretty deteriorated fire pits but they work and I'd say most of the spots have a good place for a hammock.

Lovely little campground

This is a hike in campground that has stoves and a creek running through. The sites are nicely spaced and there is plenty of shade. Perfect little backpacking trip.

Glorified parking lot

This campground has a great location but has absolutely no privacy

Typical Beach Campground

Much like most California Beach Campgrounds, it is very crowded with little privacy. The beach is great but it is basically a glorified parking lot

1st Campground on TCT

We were only there for one night and arrived at Dusk. Its not the best campground but it had water and a bathroom, it did its job but it isnt somewhere I would use a destination

Quiet except for trains

Stayed here a few times — quiet except for trains electric and sewer hook ups

Quiet and Close By

Whenever I need to get away from LALA Land, I head up here.  I grew up in the mountains of western Pennsylvania, so , sometimes , I need to kick back and recharge. Sort of going back to factory settings, as it were.

There are lots of cool spots up here and plenty of quiet.  Whether you like to hike, or fish or just kick back, this is a nice little hidey hole to do it in. There is a small , 2 acre lake that is occasionaly  stocked with fish. Not so often during drought, though.

There are few amenities , such as no showers no close by stores, or other distractions. There is a small concessionaire store near the Ranger outpost.  It may or may not be open, depending on the fire danger and the time of year.  Take your own food, water and anything else you need to regain your sanity and go up here.

Don't forget your bear canister for your food. There are bears and other wildlife that live up here year round.

Enjoy the peace and quiet and reclaim your soul.

Wonderful park. Plenty of grassy areas and you are not on top of your neighbor. Access to the lake to go fishing.

Best Place in Chino to Get Away

Chino Hills State Park has a campground with a small number of spots. These hills are amazing after a good rain. This year it was a good place to see the wildflowers. Unfortunately the campground has been closed for awhile due to water line construction but should open in Mar 2020.  There's plenty of restrooms and parking. There's also a number of hiking trails that leave from the campground.  The only cell service is on top of the closest hill.  Its a good spot for a quick getaway from the city.

One of my favorite spots!

I have camped here a few times and it is one of my favorite go to spots. I like that there is a camp store near by just incase case someone forgets their coffee mug🙄 or if you need some more firewood. The spots are inexpensive, $10 per night, most nights. There are lots of trails to hike and things to explore. It's a nice place to go when you need to get away from the city.

Good Overnighter

This is a good spot to spend the night. It’s close to Ice House Canyon trail.

Great fun little trial

Me and my girlfriend decided to go on this trail with our two doggos on a hot 95 degree day and we had such a good time the waterfall trail is nothing but shade provided by the trees foliage and the creek kept our dogs cool as they would jump in and out of the small pools we had a great time we hung out at the waterfall as it's a gorgeous spot to hang out we were also the only ones there the trail is only half a mile but we definitely took our time as it's a gorgeous trail would recommend it to anyone

We lucked out with this little gem

We were looking for a place to plop the night before hiking Bridge to Nowhere and stumbled into this little campground.  There wasn't a lot of options since it's first-come, but we found a great little spot right on a stream to set up.  The ranger came buy to say hello and he ended up giving us some advice on the weather and a warning about the hike.  If there's weather coming it can get dangerous fast!  The skies were blue on the hike out but suddenly hail started and it down poured!  I've never been so scared of a flashflood in my life so we ran the 5 miles out to safety.  It was pretty memorable!  Definitely do that hike if you stay here!

Will not return.

The campsites are along a busy road. Lots of noise and lights during the night. The lake was absolutely disgusting. Dead fish all along the shore and floating in the water. Gross and stagnant, overrun with mosquitos.

Hidden Gem

I loved this place, this hidden gem is located in the in the middle of the city, with the feel of the outdoor. Lots of trees, biking and hiking trails, fishing area, beautiful views, very peaceful, family friendly, pet friendly, the C9 RV spot was very spacious, I also liked the A & B area. Not every site has a fire pit. Definitely coming back again.

Great hidden away spot

Fairly easy hike in (after the 1st mike at least!) went over Labor Day weekend when it was its “busiest” and was still not very packed. Campsite is very nice looking and has a great natural spring by that has water year round. Bear lockers and back country ovens. One of My favorite places.

Quick Getaway to Nature

There’s about 38 campsites

If you want to do group camping there’s plenty of it there . 9-10-11 are the best ones with shade together , they have a campfire circle big enough for 10+

Plus there’s a nice waterfall trail which will be 2.5 in & 2.5 miles back

Sunsets and Sand

Quick and easy is my trips to Thornhill Broome!

5 miles north of Neptune’s Net, Los Angeles/Ventura county line at Point Magu Rock!

Depending on the time of year, the beach may be very rocky or it may be smooth. This is not a great beach to swim and if you tent camp, be sure to know where the high tide line is!

The bathrooms are out houses. No showers but there is water facets scattered across the road.  This is dry camping only but you can dump after your stay at Sycamore Cyn campground which is only a mile or so away.

This campground is a line of spaces right on the beach and up against PCH. The car noise does slow down at night so you can hear the waves crashing!

The winds can kick up pretty good here also!  Be prepared to baton down the hatches!

There are dolphins and seals that swim back and forth. Pelicans and sea gulls. If you’re really lucky, you might see whales!

There’s a camp host selling wood but nothing around unless you drive back to Neptune’s.

Dogs need to be on a lease…despite my video!  LOL

You will be sited if they catch your dog off lease!

Gem tucked away 👌🏽

We love to travel and camp but can’t always carve out the time for a long drive out of LA. We found this gem, just 1 1/2hrs from LA and you’d never know you were anywhere near the city. It’s the perfect getaway, birds singing, and the scenery makes you feel like you’re in Tahoe. Amazingly quiet space, so tranquil and an absolute perfect temperature in August during the day and night. The only thing I’d recommend is bug spray, there’s lots of flying critters but that’s about it. We love this place and will certainly go back!

Secluded camping in the city

ONeil is a great little park that’s tucked away among the urban sprawl of Orange County. Once in the park you feel like you’re far out in the wilderness. It makes for a great weekend great away. The park is well maintained and has 78 sites to choose from. There’s a general store nearby but its stock is limited. There’s also Trabuco Oaks Steakhouse across the street if you get tired of cooking. There are a number of trails in the park for hiking and mountain biking. Overall it’s a great park.

Great Car Camping

I took my co-workers here and they loved it! We had campsite 101, which was beautiful. It didn't have the sweeping views that a few of the campsites have, but it was probably the most isolated campsite in the campground, so it was great for us because we tend to stay up by the fire talking late. Sunsets and sunrises were stunning. A local warned us of wind but it wasn't a big issue. The campground manager was great.

Most beautiful sunset

Come here if you want to be able to park your car and camp right next to it. Great for a quick rest stop with one of the most incredible views! Saw tons of wildlife in a place that looks uninhabitable!

Lots of Flies

This would be a great park but there are a lot of flies due to it being near cow fields. Well it is Chino. Great Lake for fishing. Large campground. The spots are nice. Hook ups.

Great Views Beauriful Trees

I love the campground itself. The whole area is beautiful. Easy escape out of LA. It was pretty much empt during the week. Love that it is first come first serve. sleeping with a completely open tent and viewing the night sky was amazing. Moon lit the entire mountain up.

Cons: Lots of flies. Toilets were unbearable with the amount of flies. Rustic is the way to go.

Very nice camping site

First come first serve Nice trail Must have an adventure pass and $12 per night if you camping