Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, CALIFORNIA
Most Recent Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks Camping Reviews
This place is amazing!

We absolutely love Alabama Hills. BLM land so you can camp anywhere. So many beautiful views. You can see Mount Whitney in the distance. 4 wheel drive isn’t required but definitely recommend. No bathrooms or water around. A lot of old movies were filmed in the hills. We went off roading to a nearby mine, you can drive all the way in the mine which was rad.

Beautiful park! Super clean lake.

We stayed for a few days while we explored a couple of the national parks. The campground was so pretty with the most beautiful views of the lake. We fished a lot but didn’t catch anything.

Adult Playground

Drive around, hike, climb! This place is amazing, there is something for everyone. You can find a secluded space or find space for a big group. The rock formations are amazing! It is just outside of lone pine, but there are no services in the rec area itself, bring everything you need for a good time!

Campsite in a beautiful aspen grove

We went to this site over Labor Day weekend and were able to find a spot without too much difficulty. There is the most glorious aspen grove right next to some of the campsites and a nice home along the River. Beautiful and private camp sites. There was a large group next to us and we were able to get enough privacy.

Great, quiet campground!

Small campground with 5 sites, fires and pets are allowed. You get a lot of day hikers and backpackers coming through, but it is fairly quiet and very friendly. Plenty of hiking trails! Campsites are also fairly large.

Awesome

This is the go to free camping area that my friends and I go to when we don’t want a campground. Its dispersed camping in the Alabama hills. No toilets or amenities so thats a little bummer. Its might be worth it to pay $8 a night at a campground if you want easy access to toilets. Tuttle creek is up the road and is a good option.

Super Chill and Cheap

I was motorcycle camping and this campground is awesome in the spring. Its not too high in elevation so you wont freeze overnight. Its only $8 a night but you need cash or check like any normal forestry campground. Beautiful view of the sierras and Mt Whitney. About 15-20 drive to the Mt Whitney trail head from here. If you’re planning on summiting Whitney, I wouldn’t recommend this campground because the elevation is low, I would camp at cottonwood lakes just south in the sierras to acclimate to elevation. There are normal forestry pit toilets, fire rings. No reservations, first come first serve.

Dirt cheap price on priceless view

For only $8 you get picnic table, fire pit, vault toilet, and access to water and waste dumping. And view of Eastern Sierra that has been seen in movies such as Iron Man. I almost want to keep this a secret…

Alpine Beauty, quiet lake

This is a large campground with many many sites, but most are well spaced so you don't feel too crowded. The campground is maintained well. We stayed in the north-west part of the campground, and our site was classified as a "walk-in site." We did have to park about 20 yards away, but this was totally worth it to have a site literally right on the lake. During our time here, there was a massive ladybug migration which was really cool. Huntington Lake is beautiful and quiet - motorized boats are not allowed. there are a couple of stores, and a couple of marinas on the lake, so it's easy to pick up supplies and ice if needed. On the south end there is a little cafe that sometimes hosts live music as well.

Backpacker’s dream

Maybe this is just a Southern Californian desert rat talking, but there is something very satisfying about hiking in and having a water source at your first night’s location. We had a lovely stay here last August. It was a bit crowded for a hike-in only site but still very enjoyable. The lake is devastatingly beautiful and makes a great backdrop, and the boulders scattered throughout create natural privacy barriers.

Great river side camping.

My last visit to Lodgepole was in 2017 and I noticed the campsites were much closer together than the previous visit. Apparently a large snowmelt changed the course of the river and many sites were washed away causing the park to squeeze them in other areas. That’s was unfortunate but still a wonderful site. So nice to be able to jump in the river after a long day of camping! Also there is nothing better than falling asleep to the sound of a river. Great store onsite and lots of hikes right from the campground. Most campers are very respectful of quit hours but as we all have had to deal with there is always one loud site but they shut up when asked to keep it down. It’s inportant to ressurch the sites to get one that will fit your needs! Some are very small and only fit a little tent. But I really like this campground and recommend it. Will be returning in July and will update then. Happy Camping! 🐻⛺️

Shaver lake is awesome!

It's a pretty RV park. The hiking trails are great, scenery was amazing! There are fire rings and picnic tables. There is a great store that has everything you could want or need! Bathroom review, again: the cleanest! Flush toilets and coin operated showers! There are water spigots and an outdoor sink area for dishes, so helpful! Racoon and squirrels are always around looking for food, so I just use a bear can and store my food,here. It's just easier. RV sites and REALLY LARGE tent sites! Some of the biggest I've been to. The fishing was good, the only con is music is not permitted at all. Bring headphones. You will be asked to turn it off and possibly leave.

Is anyone there?

I tried contacting this place for two days to check availability on a trip we were taking to Northern California. No one answered the phone so I left messages. No one ever returned my calls. I tried using the website contact information but it was not operating correctly and I was able to even send an email. I believe they had trouble with flooding a couple years ago when we tried contacting them so I figured maybe they are no longer in business? We found another place to stay, I’m glad because Lindy’s is away from the 99 and away from train tracks but still only 80 miles from Yosemite Village.

Peaceful stop on the way to Yosemite

We were Looking for a place to stop on the way to Yosemite. We tried 2 other campgrounds with NO response, by phone or email. We decided to try calling Lindy‘s Landing and Campground to see if there was an availability. They answer the phone! She told us there were plenty of sites.The staff are friendly and helpful. There are not a lot of campers here, and it is quiet and peaceful. It is 81 miles from here to Yosemite Village. Hope to get an early start so we can beat the line going into the park. Hidden gem in the Spring. Happy we found this park. $35.00 for full hookups. No good Sam or auto club discount. But still a better price than most private campgrounds

Under the Trees

We had a sweet, short stay at this campground. We called day-of and were able to get a reservation. In late March for spring break, the 5,000 elevation of this camp meant there was still snow on the ground, but the road and camping spots were snow free. It also meant the bathrooms were also closed for the season.

The morning sunrise through the trees and the quick drive down the road to Calaveras Big Trees State Park made this a perfect spot to stop for the night. Great cell coverage on Verizon.

The little town of Arnold you drive through to get there reminded me of Tahoe or Mt. Hood. I wish we’d planned to have a meal at one of the cute restaurants and pubs in the area.

Beautiful but no level flat campsites.

This is a pretty campground. Lots of pines but no real vistas. Also no real level flat ground for tent camping. Sites are smallish & close together. Running water and flush toilets. 1 medium bear box per site. No showers.

Hidden gem

One my favorite places to camp among the redwoods. There is a daily fee. Generally pretty quiet, smaller trailers ok. We’ve driven up 28 ft travel trailers. Road up is fair but that is what keeps it from being overwhelmed by visitors. Gets crowded on holidays. Ponds are stocked with trout during the summer. Lots of trails.

My family has been coming here since the 1940’s!

Try to get a spot along the creek! Nice and quiet. Great fishing and hiking! Don’t miss hiking up the North Fork of Big Pine Creek to the upper lakes! Beautiful!!!!

Backpacking trip in sequoia

6ish mostly uphil trek to the twin lakes campsite. Campsite sites are very nice with bear boxes and a locker toilet. Whole area is at about 9,000 ft elevation so it gets cold and the views are unreal

Sequoia backpacking trip

Nice 6.5ish hike out to a beautiful subalpine lake. Campsite are scattered around the edge of pear lake with granite mountains surrounding the area. Trout in the lake also

Backpacking

Easy 3-4 mile hike to beautiful weaver lake. Camp sites are spread out through out the side of the lake. Even spots with no amenities but an awesome lake.

Nice lake

Really nice get away. Less crowded than sequoia NP. Spent the day at the lake nice fishing went in the summer and it was really warm the whole time. Sites were clean and drive in. Tables, fire pit and bear canisters on site

Always a nice stop

One of the best BLM spots around . There are no amenities so you have to be 100% self contained. Bring your own everything. Always will stop here when visiting the 395. Hope it stays pristine

Stop after bishop fishing trip

Sites were walk up reservation. With pulp in sites. Had fire pit and tables with clean bathrooms and a camp host. Only 5ish dollars for a site so for the price one of the best! Little protection from the sun though but besides that 👍🏼

Stop on the way to Edison lake

Probably one of my favorite spots I camped. Camp site was clean with a fire pit and table. Had a bear box. We got one right next to the creek. Had some mosquitoes but nothing some spray and fire couldn’t help. Had some bathrooms with in walking distance all around good spot

Great Creek Camping

The Campsites are far enough apart to feel like you are all alone in the woods! The Kaiser Creek provides hours of fun for the kids and you are close enough to trail heads for the adveture seekers in your group. You can plan a great group camp with some sites close together.

Good site for fishing

The Forebay is stocked every year several times with fish. Campsites are on both sides there is a pit style toliet.

Where the desert meets the mountains

This is a great dispersed camping area at the base of the E. Sierras. Camping can be along any one of several dirt roads, explore a bit til you find just the right spot (existing sites are easy to pick out)! The town of Lone Pine is nearby but make sure you bring plenty of food and water. Pack in/Pack out. With Mt. Whitney as your back drop you really can't go wrong here.

Hike to the Lakes

For what this campground lacks in bathhouses it makes up for in one of the most spectacular hikes I have ever been on. This is a pretty remote campground tucked away in the Muir Wilderness, you will not have service and will want to bring in all the supplies you will need. Aside from that it is a great little oasis. Campsites vary with privacy and you will notice that the ones that have the most privacy are usually reserved for as long as possible. They only have pit toilets and a water spigot. There is a little camp shop where you can buy a hot shower for $6, a bit steep and not all that great but if you are in need of a shower that’s the place to go. The deer roam all around the camp ground so be on the lookup for them strolling through your camp. Each site has a picnic table, fire ring, tent pad, and bear box.

The Big Pine Lakes or as the locals call them “Lake 1, Lake 2, Emerald Lake, Lake 4 etc.” But these lakes deserve a name because they are absolutely breath taking. While we stopped at Lake 2 believing this was actually “Emerald Lake”, we were still not disappointed with the unreal colors that these glacier lakes have. The hike up was a bit strenuous and you are in the open hot sun for a while so wear sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses to protect yourself but take this hike because it is 100% worth it.

Family campground

A bit older but quiet. Good for night stay. Not near Sequoia but very convenient to freeway. Not much food stores nearby.