San Francisco, CALIFORNIA

Camping California San Francisco

Most Recent San Francisco Camping Reviews
Quiet and beautiful campground

My boyfriend and I made reservations here back in January. We enjoy colder camping because it means less bugs. Oddly, our campsite and only one other group site was booked for the weekend we stayed. (Possibly from colder weather) Nevertheless it was a very clean and quiet campground. We hiked buzzards roost and that was a great work out to see an amazing view. The park in general is very beautiful, we drove to big basin which was about 15 minutes away and did a little bit of exploring there. Boulder creek is about 15 minutes away also for groceries. Enjoyed our stay and will be back.

Accessible and Family Oriented

Brannan Island is conveniently located from SF Bay Area. Great for families. Plenty of roads to bike out / back. Love being close to the water for recreation. Clean facilities. Can be windy. Since easy access it is busy, sometimes more noise in evenings to my liking. It's a great option for beginner campers as well as veterans.

Beautiful location

We stayed here for approximately 2 weeks and loved the location. Pros: 5 minute walk to the beach, grounds are up kept, everyone is pretty laid back, don’t have to worry about your stuff getting stolen, cell service Cons: narrow rv spots (pretty close to your neighbor), $$$ 85/night, WiFi sucks

Cute Tiny Houses in a Campground

They have a lot of cute tiny houses in this campground. You can bring your own tiny house, or rent one for the weekend. There is an open house once or twice a year you can come and visit all the tiny houses in the community.

Hike in camping

Hike in (and around!) this gorgeous area. We chose to stay two nights and had a great time exploring the surrounding hiking trails - a personal favourite was Alamere Falls. Campsites are often booked solid (especially in high season), so réserve well ahead of time.

Mostly a parking lot but the location is good

It's pleasant but mostly a parking lot for RVs with spaces right next to each other. We camped here in October 2018 and it was quite crowded. We were lucky to get a spot on dirt under a tree, so we weren't in the parking lot, but right next to it. You pass vineyards on the road to the campground and can see them from the campground, as it's on a hill.  You're also pretty close to town so it's easy to get meals or groceries.  We arrived early evening and left early in the morning the next day so did not get to explore the area. We were pleased, though, to see that there's a nice archery range right next to the campground.

The fee was very reasonable. I can't quite remember what it was, but I think it was $12. There was wifi but with so many people in the area, it wasn't a strong signal. There were DVDs available to borrow at the check in station.

We would stay here again.

If you don’t like crowds come here!

Such a hidden gem. I came here around Thanksgiving with some buddies and o was completely blown away with my experience here.

At least I hadn’t heard of it before, so I wasn’t expecting much out of the trip, but after having camped here, it’s one of my FAVORITE spots now.

Uncrowded, quiet, beautiful and crisp are a few words that come to mind. If you’re looking for a getaway to enjoy some time outdoors and actually feel like you’re camping away from civilization come here. The spots are spread out, the air feels pure to the lungs, and it’s very woodsy.

Can not recommend this spot more!

Beautiful view of Sacramento River

We live here full time and love it! It can get really windy though. Management is awesome!

Old favorite

Long time favorite. Dogs are not allowed in day use area. The fees may have changed, check their website.