Camping in O'Neals

Lisa C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

Lovely Rustic City

aka Curry Village

My daughters and I have now stayed in both the canvas tent/cabin and a hard-sided cabin. Both provide comfortable beds with sheets and a warm blanket on each. (If you like fluffy pillows, bring one from home.)

We stayed in the heated tent/cabin during a major snowfall and…

• Curry Village Hard-sided Cabin at Night
  • Three teens after a 12-mile hike; inside the hard-sided cabin.
  • Morning View
Deis M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Last Minute camping

So we were typically boondockers but when the recent forest closures took effect we felt like nowhere to go. Luckily, Sequoia and Kings NP is open. So drove there from San Diego. It was a 6 hour drive. We went to the cisitors center per park rangers advice to get a decent phone signal and we were…

• giant trees!
  • our set up, we slept inside the car with inflatable beds
  • a great place to set up your hammock too!
Steve C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Nice little campground by a lake

Small campground only about 10 sites. Nice clean restrooms with flush toilets. Perched on the side of a hill with limited flat space. Tight loop, not good for larger rigs. It was fun seeing free range cattle roam through in the evening.

• Site #10
T
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Came for the mountain biking, stayed for more

To be honest, I didn't experience much of the campground, but that parts that I did were above my expectations. A friend and I went in March of 2021 to ride the mountain bike trails. I reserved our spots on-line with no knowledge of the layout aside from the PDF map. It turns out I picked a nicely…

Month of VisitApril
Corey R.
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Classic Camping

What I love about Hume is the classic vibe. There is a little burger/shake shack by a lake with recreational activities. The weather is nice and elevation provides beautiful star gazing.

Sitesugar bear
David M.

Had fun

I love going there when I was younger

Sitenot sure
David M.

I love it

We use to go there when I was a little kid

SiteI am not sure
SThe Dyrt PRO User

Camp 4

It’s a lottery. Day before lottery. Super excited we got to stay. Max nights is 7 nights. Showers and bathroom facilities are all new.

Jordan R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Location! Crowded and loud.

Great base camp for exploring the Valley. Sites are very close together with vague boundaries. This is not great camping, but you can't beat the location.

Month of VisitNovember
Ty G.

Great Spot

Great campsite. I camp with an 18ft bumper pull no issues getting around and they have RV water fill up station but no dump station. Campground has two hiking trails right from the campground which is neat. Also has a river that runs next to some of the campsites. Close to mammoth for mountain…

• site 26
  • river behind campground
  • river behind campground
Sitesite 26
H
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Great for families traveling to Yosemite

We tent camped on the river here and really enjoyed our stay. We floated on the river in tubes, visited Nearby Rainbow Pools, went into Yosemite Valley a couple of days, the park is about 5-10 mins from the entrance to Yosemite but we didn’t mind we enjoyed the drive into the valley and used it as…

SitePonderosa Tent Site (along river)
Alisa B.The Dyrt PRO User

Stunning park, okay campground

You’re in Yosemite. The park alone is worth 5 stars for sure!

The campground was more than half closed due to Covid restrictions in April 2021, and even with less than half capacity it was still crowded.

Close to the Valley Loop Trail and Yosemite Village, which has a general store and snacks.

Steven  S.

Shaver Lake Camping

Busy lake with lots of people. Rented boat for the day around $500 and had a blast. Was pretty hot and lots of bugs at site. All and all very nice and will be going back.

Steven  S.

Deer Creek Camping

We stayed in site 15 and it was very nice. Large site with plenty of room for trailer and two big tents. Very short walk down to Huntington Lake and was ideal for swimming with the kids.

Alisa B.The Dyrt PRO User

Friendly camp hosts!

Friendly and helpful camp hosts. Lovely view of the lake. Close by for easy access. Clean bathrooms!

• close to the road, but quiet