The best WALK IN camping near
Craig , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Craig Camping Reviews
Off the beaten track

Only 15 minutes away (windy road) from Colfax, but feels so remote!

Beautiful mountain valley of north fork. Clean campsites right along road with bearboxes, picnic tables, and fire pits. Easy river access down the hill to rocky swimming pools. Water was COLD obviously in December haha. Many hiking trails up and down the canyon.

Highly recommend! I’m coming back here for sure!

Beautiful secluded peninsula

Some of my favorite campsites. Awesome in spring where the flowers and grass are POPPING. A lot of awesome trails and little environmental signs to walk around and learn about the area. Highly recommend!

Great, peaceful

Great Lake and RV Park. We stayed in spot 110 with a lakefront view

DECEMBER 5TH CAMPING

Was cold, but we had the gear and a lil firepit to keep warm. Aweso.e spot on the creek

Cozy campsite near river

Great campsite, plenty of room to throw the ball for our dog. The never ending sound of the nearby river was peaceful. Less than 50% capacity for Halloween weekend, but certainly a popular spot for hunters, bikers, and off roaders to spot by and use the bathrooms. If you walk across highway 49, you can explore the river; the water was cold, but there were lots of frogs and skipping rocks.

Beautiful lake

We stayed here for a night before backpacking to Eagle Lakes, and it was a nice little wooded campground.  Very quiet, spacious sites.  Hiking along the lake is gorgeous.  We tried to stay another time, but had to cancel because of forest fires.  Managed by PGE.

Cozy and safe

Edit: I ended up sticking around to take in the place bc I had paid so much. If staying to use the amenities it is pretty worth it, still a tad pricey though 😉 but the hosts are friendly and it sounds like you can use a $8 day pass if desired.

Was a bit pricey for me as I was just car camping, was $38.50 just to sleep but I imagine if you’re going to utilize the area for fishing or hanging out it would be worth it. Permanent dwellings on the property so feels safe. Lovely to wake up near the water and there were lots of deer roaming around.

Awesome lake and a ton of deer

We had such a fun time at this campground. Our site was in Section A on a dry creek bed. Dry in August at least. Each day a family of deer came thru our site and were so tame they ate fruit right out of the kids' hands. So cool! It was over 100 degrees the wknd we were there so we spent practically the whole wknd in the lake. It was the perfect temperature to sit in for hours. No motorized water craft kept it quiet. I really wish I'd brought my canoe. We went during COVID so the pool and some other amenities were closed.

Love Collins lake!

We have been here 5 times already this year. We love the lake, hookups for the motorhome and ice cream! Wonderful place!

Words Can't Describe!

This is the most gorgeous place to camp. Great for gold mining and swimming as well as kid friendly dly and fun. Lots to see and do in this gem of a spot. Come see for yourself.