Wild Meadow , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Wild Meadow Camping Reviews
Quiet, huge site

Beautiful area, only a few sites. The creek joins the New River here, you can hear the water from the sites.

New River Junction Campground

Several RV sites located right on Beautiful New River. Tent camping also available. Bring your fishing pole for some great catch and release fishing, or rent a inner tub or canoe and float down River to a shuttle bus that brings you back to the campgrounds. One of my all time favorite places to camp and fish.

Camping on Moncove

Great family friendly camper and tent sites overlooking Moncove Lake. Electric hookups and water spickets available. Fishing and swimming and hiking trails.

Huge campground

4 separate areas including a waterfront area. Centrally located small pool, food vendor and mini golf. Bring a boat! Full marina as well. Great beach area and boat mooring everywhere. Long trails are fantastic

Annual Family Trip

We camp here annually with my wife’s side of the family (it’s half way between us and them). We love it. We like getting the sites which are right next to the creek because the kids will play in the water all day.

In the shoulder season the campground isn’t staffed often, but what do you expect when it’s not busy?

There are plenty of things to do near by, especially hiking.

Car camping

My pup and I car camped here last December and it was wonderful. Limited to no AT&T cell service; however, the park rangers drove through the area about twice a night so I always felt safe and knew I could use their phones if needed.

One of our favorite spots in WV

We camped at Pipestem in a 37' travel trailer. We love this campground. Quiet, well spaced, nice roads for biking. We enjoyed lots of the amenities, including the horseback riding, nature center and giant water inflatables.

Good spot for the night

Stopped by on my way up north. Beautiful view of the river, which was high. There’s 5 pull in sites and 5 walk in tent sites. Multiple bathrooms, including ADA friendly, all clean. There were 2 other campers on a Saturday night, which was nice and quiet. It’s about 5 miles down a nice dirt road, easy to drive on. There’s no AT&T service upon arrival. A few spots you could locate a bar to send a message, but that’s it. Lots of trees to hang a hammock. Each site had a fire ring, picnic table and a pole to hang food from. No electricity or water so be sure to bring your own. Overall, enjoyed my stay!

Great time!

Kids had a blast. Great place, lots of fun!