Camping in Selwyn

148 Reviews of 48 Selwyn, West Virginia Campgrounds

Melissa W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Good location, ok campground

Negatives: This campground is pretty hilly. Many of the spots don't have a great space for a tent. The flattest spots are in the middle of the circle with an open field behind them (but then you won't have any privacy or tree coverage). Even the RV camping on the inside of the loop across from us…

• site 65 on the left side and site 63 on the right. golf course is behind trees
  • womens shower.
  • womens bathroom
S
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Nice Park!

Nice park not too far from the marina and boat ramp for Clifty Creek Grotto. Campground rules not enforced at all, so folks put their campers wherever, not necessarily on the pads. No worries about having a wheel in the grass! Bring all the leveling blocks you own because very few sites are level…

• site 23
  • site 23
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

We love beech fork!

Moxley is our favorite place to camp at beech fork. If you have kids it’s a great place for them also! Very clean bath houses and great people.

Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

nope

I was going to be in the area for 5 days. I went to the office, asked for 4 nights, I have a 2021 travel trailer. He said "overnight only". Its next to a busy highway.

Arlo H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2021

Quite, clean, great stay!

This campsite was a perfect fit for me, I was passing through on a weeknight and had no problem getting a site without reservation in August. Clean, quiet, and spacious sites, some had great tree cover.

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Peaceful

First the good... Park was clean, employees are very helpful. You can get a spot right next to the lake. Now the bad... Not much at the camp store. Verizon service is non-existent. The WiFi only works when you get within a few feet of the office.

H
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

The Falls Campground

We have stayed several times at the Falls Campground and have always had a good experience. The sites are nice and most have direct access to the creek and beach area. Privately owned so not ruled to death like some state park campgrounds.

• Site #1
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Stayed here again

Stayed here until this morning, tried to get a weekend , but no cancellations. Used Passport America for a discount

N
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Nice weekend trip!

Great place to get into nature, and take a break from the usual stuff. Nice spaces for camping. I Would come back, and love to see more of the area.

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

It's okay

First, the good... Nice spacing between the spots. Just if the highway but no road noise. The employees were helpful. My grandkids lived the mini golf.

The bad...no shade trees. That's the only thing keeping me from giving 5 stars.

• My grandkids
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

It's very scenic

The good... peaceful, nice lake with some spots next to the lake.

The bad... not much of a camp store, the wifi is horrible, no Verizon service.

Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Nice

We stayed there twice. It's very peaceful. Sites are mostly level. There's a dollar general at the entrance.

Month of VisitNovember
Dustin  M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2021

Decent campground

Was nice and quiet. Wanted to get away for a couple days and our favorite place to go was booked so this was the next closest spot. We stayed on the upper end by the veterans cemetery, even though it's close to the pool and playground, it was pretty quiet. Sites were a bit unlevel, but easy to back…

SiteB 13
Dustin  M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Our favorite getaway

We love this place! Close to home, easy to get away for the weekend. Very friendly campground, everyone you meet is nice, and very helpful if you need it. Very kid friendly, beautiful views, and Halloween there is GREAT!

**As of 9/10/2021 the Wi-Fi has been fixed. It's not the best but way better…

John S.
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Poor customer service

I called KOA Ashland on July 3rd and spoke with an employee about cancelling my reservation I had on Aug 7th. She informed me that I would forfeit $10 as a cancellation fee. I informed her that I’m a VIP member and per KOA cancellation policy the cancellation fee is waived. She stated that per the…