Linn , WEST VIRGINIA

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Linn Camping Reviews
Nice!

Super friendly camp host. He met us and drove us to the camp park because it was so dark. Spacious sites, and he is making amazing improvements to the park. Beautiful river setting.

Not too impressed

Just stayed here for one night with our 5th wheel when traveling home. I wasn’t too impressed. I thought it was expensive. The site was difficult to back into because everything was so narrow. I like to have a little bit of space when camping, but there were tent campers all around us. My surgeguard shut off the power in the evening due to high voltage. It was showing 137 volts at one time. I was not impressed and most likely won’t be back.

Breathtaking!!!

This is a really beautiful park! When we arrived the park was almost empty and it was so quiet. We enjoyed the beautiful drive in with the fall colors and the little stream next to the road that goes through the campground. The sites are a little tight if you have a bigger camper. We have a R-Pod so the site was perfect for us. We stayed in a site that backed up to the mountain which added some privacy when other campers came in towards the end of our stay. The rangers were so helpful and just wonderful. There was a lot of wildlife to enjoy as you go through the park: deer, Turkey. The shower houses were cleaned three times a day. The sites have electric and at the shower house there is a spigot for fresh water. There was no phone signal at all for Verizon service, so a nice place to disconnect. The hiking trails were really beautiful. At the Upper Falls and Shupe’s Chute there is a parking area and a wooden set of stairs and board walk to the Upper Falls. The trail to the Overlook was a very difficult trail, but the view from the top was breathtaking. Worth the difficult hike. Absolutely loved the park. The only reason I didn’t give a five star rating is because… the last two nights we stayed some of the campers that came in were blasting music and yelling across the campground. They were so loud we could hear them from inside our camper and it went on until we’ll after midnight. The park has quiet hours from 10pm-7am. Despite the rangers making rounds it continued. Aside from that we truly enjoyed our visit to this park and will be back.

Mountwood Park Family Campground

The campground was pretty much empty. There are a few permanents there but we had it all to ourselves. Covid still has every other site coned off. It was clean though. Went for a hike on the park side around the lake. Several trails. Alot of ATV and dirtbikes came in on the weekend.

Clean and quiet

This campground was perfect. It’s up on a hill and the sites are spaced out pretty well. It’s behind a hotel. Our site had room for our 26’ hybrid with 3 beds, plus two cars, chairs, and our two dog tie outs. I loved that it was near the main highway but up on a hill so you didn’t hear the traffic. The pool is part of the hotel property and the campground is allowed to use it anytime it’s open. There is a grocery store and a Walmart within a mile. There is also a small dog park on site. Sutton lake was about ten minutes away. I definitely recommend this campground.

Remote camping

Camp is way out in the woods. It has streams flowing all around it. There are many places to explore hike and fish. There are bathrooms, dump station and water. None of the sites have electric or water hook up. Tent and RV camping

Very nice stay , very clean

Spacious set up . Very clean and nice rv sites. Each site has a firelight and picnic table. Nice manager and friendly staff.

Parking Lot

This "campground" has all the atmosphere of a Walmart parking lot, except that you have to pay $50 (not a typo) for the privilege.  It is right next to the hotel (Holiday Inn or something?), where you have to go to check in and out, and where there's a restaurant if you don't feel like cooking.

I've given it two stars instead of one because it is near the highway.

Wonderful Campground, really remote.

This campground in the Kumbrabow State forest has 13 campsites that are pretty secluded and private. They are all surrounded by woods and a river and a few on the river. Very kid friendly, I mean I have four girls so…yeah. It was amazing and we are definitely coming back!

Great Place

Great views, a lot of activities on the resort property, Clean amenities and nice lake views from the campground. All of the sites are well kept and I would most definitely return to this campground.