The best YURTS camping near
Flatfork , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Flatfork Camping Reviews
Great Lake, beautiful lakefront sites

This is a HUGE campground. The sites on the water are lovely. They are VERY open and not wooded, but you wake up to the most beautiful sunrises, and you go to sleep to the most gorgeous sunsets. We had our boat with us, and were told that there are tie ups. There are not, there are trees to tie to and a somewhat rocky shore to beach on, so boaters beware. However, this lake is amazing to explore! Some of the most amazing rock structures and fun nooks and crannies. The campground is large, so it helps to have a vehicle. Laundry and bathroom facilities are clean and nice. I would highly recommend. It's a perfect place to boat, kayak and explore.

Large place

Large campground with four separate loops. The primitive sites are shaded and large. The RV spots are closer together. Some spots have beautiful views of the lake or forest. Golf carts are for rent at $45 a day which is fun. We never felt the need to leave the campground, however, if you forget something don’t rely on the camp store to have it. You’ll need to drive 10-15 to a nearby store.

Bath houses were cleaned very often! We had no issues with the trash as mentioned in an earlier post.

July vacation

Amazing area of WV. Great spot to start from to get anywhere. Clean warm water, busy boating weekend, quiet during the week. Awesome lookout areas. Clean bathhouse for area 4. Garbage was RANK after a week and the humidity made it so we could not be outside day or night. The road to 4 was horrendous to be pulling a camper. Had to use 4Low to creep out. It should be paved, no exceptions for that hill. A/C power was an issue. 1 camper had 30 amp breaker blow 2 days in a row and my 50 amp ran A.C. units fan but didn't cool all day. I would stay again but will explore other grounds to see more area.

Great for all types of campers

Not bad

Is a cheap place, the shower house is very old, $40 per night The sewer was flooded because of the rain, don’t park in the middle line Is bad.

Wonderful lake, bad smells

We love summersville lake after stopping randomly on a trip down south last year. We stayed in an upper lot during the week for a night and liked it better. This year we booked a week with friends and stayed on lot four. The lake is amazing, clear and has so many visual gems that I highly suggest a visit. While I will list some negatives here , I will say we plan to go back for the lake. The campground is around 50 a night depending on some spots and we watched many RVstrailers come and go. For the business the campground is doing I would expect better bath houses. They were ok but state parks in west Virginia have had better. Gross as in they didn't look cleaned regularly, the shower heads were terrible, never looked cleaned, rusty. My stall had a used tampon in it one night. I prefer my camper shower but here is the other issue, no sewer hook up in the rv/trailer sides just water and electric. I felt as though if you stayed for more than a week they should offer a free one time honey wagon service. Let's talk garbage. We stayed up near the bathhouse and playground bc we have little ones. The garage trailer sat for more than 6 days just baking in the sun. By our 5th day we could barely stand to stay outside around our campfire the odor was so bad. As campers we are used to our fair share of smells but garbage dump isn't what we are looking for….be careful where you pick to set up.

Great access to the lake!

We were in the 200 section which has some private bigger sites. The sites are not incredibly level, so you’ll need some blocks. We enjoyed taking kayaks out on the lake and taking the dogs down to the swim area. Only giving 3 stars because there was some trash in our site when we arrived. It was some plastic silverware and metal tent stakes. Luckily I didn’t run over the tent stakes, because a flat tires are not ideal.

Nice but a lot of RVs

I used to love Mtn Lake because of their secluded primitive camping where deer often visit and provided a quiet place away from the busy RV sites, however they gave into demand and now have overrun the primitive sites with RV hookups. Very disappointing. But they do have nice facilities, clean bath houses, and a beautiful well taken care of beach. Lots of fun things to do for those with kids.

Mountain Lake

Mountain Lake Campground is one of my favorite places to stay. The staff at the office are all super nice and helpful. We always stay in a wooded camp site that's just private enough, but not too far from anything you could need. During October, they do really fun Halloween stuff for the kids, too!

First time family camping trip

Our first time camping with our four year old little boy! We only stayed two nights, but we had a great time. Our camp site was right next to one of the playgrounds and that was definitely a plus! Our little boy could play while we watched from our site. The lake swimming was fun (something I am not used to since I am from Florida). Lots of spiders around our site…but hey you are camping! Lots of deer, we even saw a mother with 2 fawn! They had a mini golf course, a small pool, a jumping pad, and an ice cream shop in the general store. Very quiet at night. I would be happy to come back!

Year 2021 Flag