Woodland Hills , TEXAS

Most Recent Woodland Hills Camping Reviews
Grassy, open, kinda noisy

Very pretty lake views and tons of grass. My dog loved going for runs through the grass (while on her leash).

They had some showers and toilets working again when I went. Hot water was very nice! Not the cleanest bathrooms but not the worst either.

Sites had electricity, water, and covered picnic tables. Trash cans were readily available.

Gate keeper was SUPER friendly and let me know what to do if I needed assistance.

Would recommend

Great spot right on the water

We stayed for a night in site 40 on our way south. The site was large and right by the water. The bathroom in that little loop had been destroyed by vandals, but there was a really nice one the next loop over. Will definitely stay here again if we’re in the area.

Good free camping.

This is a great spot. Highway noise is there, but not bad. Sites available close to water/marina. Has dumpsters you can use at park also. Decently clean sites. I don’t think anyone cleans the charcoal grills though.

Breathtaking scenery

Fantastic RV sites.. trees everywhere and each site is nestled amongst them. The Paluxy river runs through a few trails and there are Dino tracks. Gorgeous rock face above the River. Bring waterproof shoes or prepare to have wet shoes crossing the River.

Best of the three!

There are three VOE Parks on Lake Navarrow Mills and in my personal opnion Wolf Creek Park is the best. We camped here all the time when I was a kid. Navarrow Mills is a fantastic fishing lake. Tons of Crappie and catfish. The facilities are what you would expect from a COE park. Concrete table farily level sites and best of all easy water access.

Really Nice Campground, BUT my God the ants!

Liberty hill is a very beautiful campground but there is a serius issue with the invasive Argentian ant. This is a great campground to spend a few days or weeks relaxing and catching fish. Lake Navarro Mills is well know as the best Crappie fishing lake in Texas. Navarro Mills Liberty Hill Park features a fantastic fishing barge that is covered allowing you to fish no matter the weather. Our visit to Liberty Hill Park at Navarro Mills Lake was a real treat with one minor exception, Argentine Ants, these can be a real issue when RV camping at Liberty Hill Park as this invasive species is out of control at Liberty Hill Park. Want to see more fun RV tours and RV camping videos? Visit my channel here… https://www.youtube.com/c/BobBarkerRVGuy

Great get away spot

Nice little State Park close to DFW. The park was quiet (as in not many campers) when we were there. Only complaint was the water was extremely dirty, but that could have been attributed to a large amount of rain the day we got there.

Family time

Been here a few times and absolutely love it. Kids like it as well. Plenty of hiking trails and some wading water running through the place.

Great Boaters Park!

Mott park is a fantastic campground for lake activities! At the time of my visit the facilities were clean. The park was well cared for and the sites were all pretty good. It has has been a couple of years since my visit but I am sure that Mott park is just as nice as it was on my last visit. I have videos of my visit on my YouTube…DudeRV.com

Great park

This is one of the better parks we have been to. Lots of trees and shades. Well maintained. Range of easy trails that are kid friendly. Kids loved seeing the tracks, easy access for the kids. Campground clean and comfortable.