The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Milford Park Camping Reviews
Get back to Nature

I love this place! Plenty to do, plenty to see and plenty of privacy if that’s what you want. Our campsite was lovely and the people who own this place are so down to earth and friendly. They over extended what it means to be a host in my mind. They were knowledgeable about the surrounding towns, their campground, and basically everything nature related. This was our very first night camping in an RV (we were renters at the time). They helped us with leveling and allowed us to use their phone when we had issues with ours. They removed all garbage at a decent time and the garbage cans were located near the campsites so we didn’t have to walk far at all. The campground is beautiful with a lake, playground, miniature golf course and access to a ton of hiking. The wolf preserve, which is next to the campground, is in walking distance though I believe they will drive you if needed. We didn’t do a tour, will save that for next time. We stayed on a partial site with water and electric. The dump station was easy to access on your way out of the campgrounds. Trees were trimmed and our campsite was mostly flat and easy enough to maneuver (as first timers we did it without much of an issue but we needed some 4x4s and the owner delivered them to our site). Great place to stay with or without children. Other campers were all respectful. We stayed during Covid and everyone was following social distancing guidelines. One downside for some may be the WiFi access. Very poor signal however, we didn’t mind, it actually helped us to let loose and not be so attached to all things digital. I will 100% be returning and likely it will be a yearly go-to for us.

Expensive for the off season

We stayed here in the off season while there was snow on the ground. Arrived late (8pm) and only stayed the night. We pulled through, hooked up, slept and left early the next am. For what we utilized this place for it was over the top expensive at $72/night. Check in was easy and self-directed. We are not KOA members. Looked as though there were many monthly and/or seasonal renters here. We didn’t explore any facilities to comment. During the season when the amenities could be used I understand having to spend that kind of money for a site and obviously would’ve been more worth it had we arrived early. We called a few other places in the area but nothing was as convenient nor open with an availability so we just stopped here. It was quiet, couldn’t hear any cars from the highway and the other guests were all respectful. Just ok…

Good price

The price is good and there is electricity and a small shower and the surroundings are very quiet.

Small place

Very small campground. Can be tight getting around with a bigger camper if not experienced. 2 different playgrounds and a pool that could use some updating. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Purple was a big help. Not much to do in that area or on the campground with kids. Bathrooms were just OK.

Good

Great place. No water hook up. No sewer hook up. Just electric at certain sites. Convenient paved walking path all around the lake, swimming lake with beach, nice playground for kids. Lake is Good for fishing and canoe/kayak rides. Bathrooms are absolutely horrendous - Really terrible.

Nice quiet place

This is a great little campground. Nice pool decent playground for kids. Definitely recommend creek side site if you can. Bathrooms a little dated but we’re very clean. Staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. A lot of paperwork to fill out and go over though. It’s just a short drive away from Jim Thorpe which is great. Would recommend!

Excellent trip but also a sense of deja vu

The cabins are full electric with heat and are well appointed. It was an excellent fall trip location for a family with young children. I said there was a sense of deja vu because the cabin, even it's placement relative to the lake was near identical to the cabin we had at Hills Creek State Park the month before.

Cozy Mountain Vibes!

I stayed in Hickory Run in late November, I love the sheer elements of nature found in this park. It is so calm and beautifuls with trails scattered throughout the entire park. I will definitely come here again to experience the poconos in different conditions. It was very cold when I camped here, but not miserable! There are nice bathhouses, mental hangers for trash and food, and roads are very well maintained. I love Hickory Run!

Always A Good Time

Another great family style campground. Looks of things to do and staff is always there to help.

BIG sites near lots of hiking

Had a group of 10 in the fall. Plenty of space for tents, cars, and anything else you'd want to haul in. Close to a lot of nice hikes, near the AT.