the dyrt
Drive In, Boat In
Tobyhanna State Park is located in Pennsylvania
7 Reviews of Tobyhanna State Park
Mid range car camping

Just finished up two nights in site 123. These sites are RIGHT AGAINST THE ROAD. Other state parks tend to make their sites deep, whereas these are wide.

They dont seem to enforce quiet time after 9, which would be fine if each campsite wasn't right up on the neighbor. Bathrooms were clean enough, and they have coin op laundry which could be nice for families. They only had one utility sink to clean dishes, and the faucet was a poorly working motion sensor- time consuming and annoying.

The park seems best suited to families who want to fish off of a dam, hand out at a "beach", play volleyball, or let their kids run around with some freedom.

Decent hiking trail nearby, in state game lands 122, but this park is centered around the lake with no great hiking on site.

Didn't hate it, won't be back.

Beautiful scenery with close camping sites

We walked around the reservoir on a lovely path and enjoyed the nicely-cared-for amenities. My family thought the sites were too close together and that the sites along the water would be better if they were tucked back from the road and closer to the water. The bullfrogs made joyful sounds, but we were hoping to be more rustic and further from other people.

Heart of the Poconos

There are sites right on the lake. The bathrooms aren’t the greatest but overall it’s a beautiful place

Laid back and scenic

Scenic and spacious. Large camping areas that can fit two cars onsite and include picnic tables, some even with water and electric hookups. The bathrooms are large and well kept. The lake is nearby and doesn’t get crowded. There’s a separate shore for kayaks and canoes to enter the lake. We even got to see an eagles’ nest near our campsite.

Nice Stop in Poconos

We picked this site because you can kayak and it’s close to the tree top adventures. Typical campground with bathrooms and showers. The best part is the lake for water activities and the surrounding things you can do.

Beauty in color

I was able to get up to the Poconos before the fall color ended! What an experience!! Breathtaking views from nearby trails and nearby Big Pocono State Park. The park staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about nearby trails and best places to get the most out of the views! I felt very safe camping here alone as a woman. The park ranger would frequently drive through the campground. I never saw any bears, although the staff said there were bears in the area. They had large dumpsters away from the campsites to dispose of garbage safely. Being able to wake up lakeside up in the mountain and looking at the view was an experience that I will always treasure!

Many Years of Fun

I have been going to this campground since I could walk and it's never gotten old. I just went there again this past summer, and the lake and near by hikes are perfect for everyone in the family. We went to boulder fields and hawk falls as well!