Standard (Tent/RV)
Evansburg State Park is located in Pennsylvania
40.1988 N
6 Reviews of Evansburg State Park
The river is amazing

Great place to creek hike, nice for horses, we did get a lot of ticks, but not deer ticks, thankfully.

Moderate hiking

Lots of tree cover running along a small running creek

An amazing gem

Since camping is only open to organized camping I’ve never camped at Evansburg.

I’ve spent countless hours hiking and fishing in Evansburg.

Since he was 2 years old I’ve taken my son, and we always have an amazing time, either hiking the trails to wandering in the woods looking for “adventures”.

In the weeks of lockdown during Covid 19 Evansburg has been a go to for my 5 year old son and I.

He’s taking to fishing, and wanting to do everything himself, from baiting the hook, to casting the line to throwing rocks at the trout. Needless to say we’ve spent a great deal of time hiking off the beaten path to find places were there are fish and not other fisherman, and while we haven’t caught anything this year, I’ve had a blast.

The only downside, I’ve ever experienced is I find Evansburg to be the muddiest State Park I’ve every experienced; I always bring a pair of sneakers to change out of my hiking boots, as well as a shoes and change of clothes for the little guy.

I only take the dog once a week, because he’s almost always getting a bath after a trip.

This was Toby’s first trip to Evansburg after we rescued him, he loved the hike and hated the bath afterwards.

I found a video of my Sons first hiking trip to Evansburg this is a few months after his second birthday

This is one from earlier this year, both of them adore our trips to Evansburg

All around great outdoorsmans park!

Great park to do everything outdoorsy including, hiking, horseback riding, hunting and fishing. I cought a beautiful Brown Trout here a few weeks ago! Great park.(I put the Trout back in, it was very healthy and I managed to get the hook out quickly, otherwise he would have been dinner!) You need a license to fish, and if you plan on catching Trout you need the Trout endorsement on the fishing licence, currently$9.90.The restroom facilities we're clean. There were plenty of maps and brochures available at the different parking areas. It was a great place to walk with your dog and enjoy the Pennsylvania outdoors.

Beautiful scenery!

hidden gem

this hidden gem of a campground is beautiful. there is plenty of hiking trails. only downside is having to haul gear by foot to the campsite. some are further than others

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift