The best GROUP camping near
Jumpertown , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Jumpertown Camping Reviews
Nice quit camping

Good place to get away for a weekend

The Diamond of Mississippi State Parks

We've camped  to Tishomingo State at least 3 times in the last 6 months. It's the first site we visited after purchasing our Wildwood Travel Trailer. Sites are level and most are easy to back the trailer into. No full hookups but all the sites have electricity and water. Plenty of trees and amazing views from all the site. Cellphone coverage is not good here for Verizon or AT&T. Better at front of camp.

I can't state enough how much there is to do in Tishomingo! Plenty of trails that would satisfy an Ultramarathoner. A lake for fishing (honestly never seen anyone catch a fish 🐟) and canoeing. Tishomingo has disc golf, large pavilions, and historic sites to visit.

Overall it's always clean when we've been there but there is quite a bit of age on the campsite. Roads are pretty rough in areas as well.

Spots We Like --- 19, 31, 30, 32 (waterside), 38 (private), 44, 48

Decent spot on the lake

Camped here on Christmas Day 2020. It was very quiet and a little windy. I was the only camper but it’s on a disc golf course so I saw a couple of those guys. I went down to the parking lot so I could sleep in my car and have a fire by the water. It was great and quiet except there are parking lot lights which I didn’t see until they turned on. There are picnic tables, trash cans, and portable toilets. All in all a nice spot. I had Verizon and I think I had two bars of service. There’s also a spot a little east off an unmarked dirt road which was ok and had a fire pit. I checked it out but there was just too much litter and a half eaten deer carcass which I wasn’t vibing with.

Easy to find

Super easy access from the Natchez Trace Parkway. All sites are level concrete but narrow. No room for error on either side. Grills and some picnic tables close to each site but not close to be convenient to an RV kitchen. At 20.00 a night it is well worth an overnight stay.

Nice clean park.

Friendly and accomidating people.

Awesome!

Camping for our anniversary! Drinking morning coffee by this beautiful scenery was amazing!

Older park

Tombigbee SP

Elvis was born in Tupelo, Mississippi and Tombigbee SP is a good spot to base your exploration out of.

I overnighted here enroute to Alabama. It wasn’t the best maintained or newest park , however it was small and quiet. Something that had me confused my first time around the loop was the orange cones blocking the sites. Then I guessed that meant the site was reserved. The shower house had washers and dryers in the middle area. The building was clean and maintained. It was centrally located. Across the street was a nice big field, playground and baseball diamond. The trails and disc golf was in the same area. There’s also a small lake with a dock. Otherwise Tombigbee SP really wasn’t that memorable.

Quiet, inexpensive nature setting campground

Remotely located but still close to major roads. We came in with a 38’ RV not much problem with spaces but be aware of trees on both sides of spaces. We were given space #60 but would not have been able to open slides because of trees so we took another space. Most of them are not leveled. Water and electric hookups. We saw a momma dear and her baby cross the road. Lots of trees and leaves everywhere. It’s fall. For the price it can’t be beat. We paid senior price $16.

Chickasaw State Park

One of the strangest parks we've been to. There are two campground loops. One for trailers/RV's, they call it, and the Wrangler, equesterian. The trailer/RV loop is on the side of a hill. It was amazing the way they got so many half way level sites into this area. Very, very tight. Good thing for us it was booked up and we ended up in the wrangler loop. A nice flat area more suited to larger rigs. Some, as was ours are very,very close together. Most are pretty level and easy access. Ther is no office that we cound find and when we asked a local, his reply was, "You got a reservation, then just got to the site & yur name & date will be on the post. Yup, it was. Pretty good for a night over. Just can't give it a real good rating. Att & Verizon were both workable. OTA TV not so good.

All in all, doubt if we'd go back.

Beautiful spacious camping areas

Beautiful spacious camping spots spread quite a distance apart. On flat concrete very nice showers and interesting trails with a pretty lake too!