The best WALK IN camping near
Flint Hill , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Flint Hill Camping Reviews
Great as always

Have camped here for years and it is always a very well kept campground. Pads are all level, water and some sewer hook ups are available. Bathrooms are always cleaned regularly. Due to covid they have a limit and you now have to book online at recreation.gov, they do not take cash or card at the gate.

We got to enjoy the park and try out our new Overlanding setup. The river is always so peaceful even when the barges are moving all night.

Awesome!

Camping for our anniversary! Drinking morning coffee by this beautiful scenery was amazing!

Serene....

Local area lacks activities, but this park is a peace goldmine!

Amazing scenery

This place is absolutely beautiful. The birds migrating and stopping along the river make for such a relaxing and peaceful place to stop and relax. The town neighboring the park makes it difficult to do anything because there is not much there unless you plan on driving 30+ minutes away. However, the setting more than makes up for that.

Older park

Tombigbee SP

Elvis was born in Tupelo, Mississippi and Tombigbee SP is a good spot to base your exploration out of.

I overnighted here enroute to Alabama. It wasn’t the best maintained or newest park , however it was small and quiet. Something that had me confused my first time around the loop was the orange cones blocking the sites. Then I guessed that meant the site was reserved. The shower house had washers and dryers in the middle area. The building was clean and maintained. It was centrally located. Across the street was a nice big field, playground and baseball diamond. The trails and disc golf was in the same area. There’s also a small lake with a dock. Otherwise Tombigbee SP really wasn’t that memorable.

Good basic campground

Large sites, clean bathrooms. Sadly the playground and basketball courts were closed and we didn’t know. We were on the riverside loop, we drove around to the other areas and it was overgrown. We will probably stay here again.

Love it

As luck would have it, we spotted this place on our Natchez Trace Parkway map and decided we had enough driving for the day. Beautiful setting among the trees and right next to the lake. Level, fire pits, charcoal grills, picnic tables, water and electric all for 20.00 a night and we didn’t qualify for any discount. Already decided we’re staying another night!

Great, clean state park

This is one of my family’s favorite parks. Some great waterfront spots available with full hookups, but book early. New online state system used to make reservations and get the spot you want. Clean beach, boat rentals and clean bath houses. This park gets full in the fall with campers and people who come down for the football games. Playgrounds for the kids and plenty of foot trails.

Quiet

Due to the "pandemic" the park was a little short staffed but the gentleman there was very helpful once he got to the office. I was only there for the one night but it was beautifully quiet and fairly well kept. I'd stay there again for sure.

Quiet