Camping in Oxbow

Recent Tents Reviews Near Oxbow, Louisiana

84 Reviews of 66 Oxbow, Louisiana Campgrounds

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Great quiet place over all

My wife and I stayed one night, it was very nice and peaceful. We found it very easy, and was definitely in the woods. We were the only people there, it was a Sunday and we were disperse tent camping. Once it got dark, a few vehicles passed thru but did not stop. The wooden area was very shady…

Site3rd spot in
Will B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Great lake

The view was great. We were tent camping and were told spot 11 and 10 would be the best for tent camping. This was not the best spots the roads also need a lot of attention they were very rough.

Site10 and 11
Kathy H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Great one nighter

Check in was effortless. Small but easy to get in and out. Full hookups and cable.

J
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

Not currently open

Not open

Sitenot open
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2021

Can't beat for Price

Very out and the open! Hard for rigs to pull into, soft ground, and potholes in the dirt road. Site are very close together, first come first serve. Has electric and water at ever site tho! $6 a night is a steal, I have the America is Beautiful/interagency pass and only pay $3 a night. Saves you…

Lisa W.
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2021

Clean!

Camping in the city. Campground was FULL and we got the last site. Not a lot of privacy at each campsite and had a tiny table and chairs right next to neighbors sewage hook up. We came in late and only stayed overnight so it wasn’t a huge deal. Felt safe and secure. Site 11 close to bathrooms. $60

Never Sitting S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2021

Overall nice park

Our first famcamp, not a bad start. They have a new area for short stays, everyone kept to themselves. Nice walking trail that circles the base. Stayed in January, ticks were really bad, despite not going into the woods. Great facilities.

Jerry H.
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Has everything I need including privacy

I was looking for a Louisiana location for an extended stay, I wanted to find a riverside, quiet location with large sites. A place where there was room for my travel trailer, boat, and truck. I found that and much more at Jones' Riverside Marina & RV Park.

It is in the country but…

• My site
Rosemary G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2021

Inexpensive and quite

First 6 days without electricity because of the snow storm, water pressure is low but available. Very pleased with campsite, host Billy very helpful. Overall enjoyed our 2 weeks there.

S
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2021

Traditional campgrounds closed

Called to inquire on tent/dispersed camping on 1.14.21 and was told the park is currently closed except for "certified" RV spots. Since our Sprinter is self sufficient it isn't considered certified, they wouldn't reserve a space for us. 😔

T
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2021

Not to sure

Did an extended stay here, 3 months while working in the area. The staff is great and very helpful and friendly. The dog park is nice if you have them. Park is well maintained. There are only 2 reasons I couldn’t give them more than 3 stars, 1) on monthly rate they charge for electric which I get…

R
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2020

Simple, clean

Very simple overnight quick pull in, pull out. Close to the interstate. Clean bathrooms. Excellent space in the two bathroom/shower combos. Very clean floors and laundry area.

M
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2020

Well maintained but

VERY crowded. No problem with any campers or staff but was looking for something more isolated

Sarah T.
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2020

So peaceful!!!

Clean, quiet campground. Beautiful sites and well kept park!

J
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2020

Very nice campground

Spaces are large and well spaced for privacy. Beautiful lake views. The only negative is the rediculous fire pits. Obviously designed by someone who never experienced camping or a campfire. The pits are 2 feet tall, solid steel with NO air holes. Fires never burn and even if they did you…

Month of VisitApril