Camping in Shrub

371 Reviews of 147 Shrub, California Campgrounds

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Beautiful camp site

The camp grounds are very beautiful and right on the lake. It really doesn’t get more beautiful for a drive up camp site. Down side is the sites are super close together. We brought the kids with us and they played all day we did find a rattlesnake in our site but relocated it and went about our…

s
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Best

It was a wonderful birthday camping with my family and I just loved it. Staff a very friendly and our site was just a walking distance to the bathrooms.

A
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Quiet

This was a nice relaxing trip.

Site#2
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Nice resort

We recently stayed here a few weeks ago. Very nice sized pads, we were in Units 212/214. Nice, clean bathrooms, which is always a plus. The only negative comment I have was so many neighbors stayed up way past the curfew, which was annoying!

• Site 212
  • Back view of Site 212
  • Side view of Site 212
Site212/214
Carly D.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Best views of the stars

Our group has been camping at Sly Park together and respectively since 1996, and we can't ever get enough. It's a very popular camping spot, so I recommend planning and reserving sometimes several months in advance. Weekends book up quickly, but weekday camping is easy to find.

They have several…

Carly D.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Chill, beautiful and relaxing

Four years running and eight trips under our belt, we love camping here. Only once was it not enjoyable, and that was last year when all of the "new" campers came out of the woodwork during quarantine and couldn't understand campground rules to save their lives.

That said, our group adores Bear…

Emmanuel L.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Nice but Crowed

This is not my usual type of campground. When we bought our RV, we had a free trial membership offer Andy here we are.

This is a private campground tine share system. We actually decided to buy in because of some of the services the offer. Locations also meet our meet.

GOT M.
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

AWESOME!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Site#5
B
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Many years at Hogan

Our family has been here many times because it’s tradition since my husband was a kid. It’s gorgeous if we’ve had a year of rain. Usually pretty quiet but bathrooms are always a disaster.

M
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Great Family Campground

Well maintained campgrounds, level and plenty of space for our 35 ft trailer and truck. Close to the water and trails. Overall very nice and will definitely return.

Karen T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Beautiful spot!

I was worried about our pop up camper not being able to fit in the “tent only sites”, but it ended up being perfect.

The sun shade provided in the tent sites came in handy when we had a short moment of rain. It was also much appreciated during the sunny weather.

Beautiful view of the river but…

• Lots of cars
  • Pop up camper in 28a
  • RV sites along the river
Site28a
Emmanuel L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Great campground for your climbing trip

I love climbing at Lovers Leap and this campground is part of what make climbing here so simple and straight forward.

Siteopen
Karen T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Perfect for a newbie!

My boyfriend and I got a new-to-us pop-up camper and chose Beals Point as our first campsite to test everything out.

We were in site #66 and it was a great walking distance to the restrooms and showers. The restrooms were extremely clean and always well stocked with toilet paper.

We went…

• Pop up camper set up in 66
Toni  K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Closed until June!

Would have been great but, closed until June. Just drive down ice house road you will find lots of dispersed free camping. No fire pits. Pack your stuff away please! Lots of broken glass in some pull off spots off of bassi falls road. Be careful!

D
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Hook up Campsite vs Tent Campsite

There are two sites at Beal’s Point, the hook up campsite and the tent campsite. We went to the tent campsite and was surprised how many RVs were parked in the tent campsite. We didn’t mind until they used their generators. I wasn’t sure if the camp host saw/heard them but it was on for quite a…

Month of VisitApril