Camping in Cortez

75 Reviews of 19 Cortez, California Campgrounds

C
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Spring and fall

It’s best in the spring and fall. It’s nice and quiet and the spots are not too close to each other. Staff is nice and grounds are clean.

Sitedon’t remember
Month of VisitOctober
Jovani M.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Acorn Campground

My experience has always been good ones for the few times I’ve been there. Always a good time with friends and also the rangers checking. Clean bathrooms and also the spots to camp.

• Full moon at the lake was beautiful and the weather perfect. no mosquitoes too
  • My camping set up.
Site92 and 87
Patty R.
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Groovy

Way huge depths of camp ground area... Water is nice excluding the dirty appearance it was fun taking the boat out there

B
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Many years at Hogan

Our family has been here many times because it’s tradition since my husband was a kid. It’s gorgeous if we’ve had a year of rain. Usually pretty quiet but bathrooms are always a disaster.

ProfG999 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

I didn't stay. Can't believe it has 5 stars!

I guess if you stayed on the water it might be nice but the campground itself was pretty bad. 1st they have blocked any phone signal so even with my WeBoost I could not work from here. 2nd the flies were horrible. 3rd my site was across from overflowing trash can. 4th the hookups are on the wrong…

• Overflowing trash can
  • Front door facing street and trash bc hookups are on wrong side
  • Hookups are on wrong side
Alba M.
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Awesome primitive camping

This is a primitive campground, no showers only vault toilets and restroom near visitor center ( 2 min walk from campground) both decently clean. Water for washing dishes is available. Spots are not close to each other so there is privacy. It is small, quiet, surrounded with beautiful views. Good…

• foggy hike
Sotnos B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Convenient, shady respite

Easy on/off from Hwy. 99. Nice management. Spaces large and lots of shade coverage. Close to hwy but far enough that road noise isn't onerous. Train passes through once at night time, bring earplugs. Clean, tidy, well kept campground.

Toni  K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Camping is not allowed

Beautiful day use area. Very close to the sweet water camp ground. Nice waterfall and swimming area.

Remember to pack out trash. There was a lot of trash when there is trash cans right in the parking lot)-:

Toni  K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Right outside of west exist of Yosemite

Very close to the national park. Does not take reservations so you might have to get there early. The camp host was very sweet. Camp ground was $24 a night. Large sites for tents. Only thing I would complain about is it’s very close to the highway. Ask really cool watering hole about 5 mins down…

Rebekka S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

this place is cool

cool place

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Everything you could want!

We visited on a Tuesday in late April and there was only one other couple on the opposite end of the campground. There's also a very nice attendant who lives on site who wen saw the next morning and recommended a hike that is accessible from the camp that hike is very nice but not very shaded. I…

• river a 2 min walk from camp site
  • wildflowers in the spring
  • checking out how far we can walk along the river
Sitenot sure
David B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2021

HILLS!

The staff there were great, very helpful and accommodating. They put us in G loop #19 which was pretty much on a hill and with my 33 foot travel trailer, there was no way for me to get it in there and level. I actually snapped a bolt off my stabilizer trying to back my rig in there, so we told the…

Lori T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2021

Nice Midweek Getaway

Easy check in and no extra fee for our 3 Aussies! We stayed at site c-1 for 2 nights and found it to be both clean and level.

RV sites have water and 30 amp hookups. Hookups are seemingly on the wrong side of your vehicle in many sites. If you want easy access to the picnic table, you’ll need…

Bryan B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2021

Campground

Nice little campground. Best is 12, then 1, then 3. 2 and 11 are small and uneven ground...the rest are ok. Best time is off season and week days. Can use dump station at Basalt campground.

Brandon L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2021

10/10

Been coming here for our annual family camping trip for years now and love this place. The staff is always friendly and willing help. Will be coming back in the future.