Camping in Scranton

Recent Standard (Tent / RV) Reviews Near Scranton, Pennsylvania

458 Reviews of 67 Scranton, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

Nancy W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Would not stay here again.

The reason we chose this campground was to visit relatives who lived nearby. Otherwise, we would not have come here and would not stay here again unless we came to visit relatives again. The campground is pretty dumpy and filled with seasonals that have some very unkept sites. I think we were the…

Michael W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Great campground

Wish it had cell reception but it is a pretty nice campground, wish they stayed on to of the bathroom cleaning a bit better

D
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2021

Awesome

This was a very Pretty campground met All of my family needs and they have a camp store with everything. I would def be back

Alexandra T.
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Do not recommend

I would not recommend this campground. Please be aware that 148 -149 sites are located near a small pond and not an actual lake as shown on pictures. The area 148-153 sites is located right next to the Roosevelt highway and it makes it impossible to enjoy nature and silence due to the trucks and…

Site149A
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great place to camp 😉

Well I'm staying at promise land state park for the 3 rd time it's a great place to visit and camp out or with your RV or Pop Up . Thiers the lake beach near by plus thier pet friendly .Has lots of commendations for campers it clean an nice an peaceful .Do recommend if you like camping 🥾

• My view where I set up my pop up camper 😅
SiteSpot location 100 close to lake and restrooms plus they have free showers ' and price is reasonable not 🚫 expensive at all good rates ! 👍
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

At promise land state park

Well I'm at promise land again for the 3 rd time .Got a nice spot by the lake and it nice an cozy .Beach ⛱️ land is near by and very quiet and relaxing 😎

• my great camping spot it awesome 👍😎
  • All set up by lake ' night view 😊
SiteSpot 100 where you can park your pop up or camper and the view is awesome and great ' plus the restroom 🚻 are close an 🐕 friendly 😁
K
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Christmas tradition

Worlds End is one of my favorite parks. I love staying in a cabin for Christmas. Park is very clean, nice bathrooms. Lots of trees for privacy and great trails. If you have never been this one should definitely be on your list. Almost all the cabins are right next to the stream. Falling asleep to…

Month of VisitJanuary
Shanon B.
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Central and well organized

This campground is great! We had an amazing time despite the rain. The campgrounds are central to everything in the state park and allow access to lots of great trails. (Sand Springs was our favorite) There we plenty of trees around to hang tarps and clotheslines. The facilities exceeded…

Eli D.
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Almost perfect!

This campground was very scenic and clean. The only thing holding me back from giving 5 stars, is there weren't enough bath/shower facilities, there are plenty of port o' potties though . The tent sights are the small side(about 15'x35') but the atmosphere is relaxed and you are surrounded by shady…

Sitetent sight 6.
Gary O.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Family friendly state park

Moderate trails and Nice beach and lake front swimming area

Sitedeer field camp grounds

1st pop up camping trip

Well we stay at knee lake had lots of fun plus they have a swimming pool and thier pet friendly .

• This was our spot by the lake .
  • View of lake where we parked at camp site.
Site119A

1st camping trip of the year

Well we stayed at Knee lake what a beautiful place for camping 😊 We stayed 2 days with a swimming pool and lake plus pet friendly !

• This was our spot 🙂
Site119 A

2nd Pop Up camp trip

Well we're staying at promise land state park to camp again for 2 days has a beautiful lake plus lots of nature trails .

Site119 A

Our 1 st pop up trip

Well a couple of weeks ago me an my wife plan a 2 day stay at knee lake it was beautiful and lots of fun plus it wasn't far from our home in pa .

SiteWe pick spot 119 great view of the lake