Campsites

About This Campground

State Park

Add Campground Info

• Drive In
    Park next to your campsite
  • Walk In
    Park in a lot, walk to your campsite
  • Boat In

• 4
Dwight D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Good State Park Campground

My first trip to this campground was September 2020. We wanted to get out of the house, but stay clear of other campers during the pandemic. This campsite, CS52, was in the woods and we were able to get the illusion of privacy by parking the cars along the road as a makeshift wall and pitching our…

• Swartswood State Park Campsite CS52
  • Tall Tent!
SiteCS52
Month of VisitOctober
Dwight D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Good Campground Near Other Interests

This was my second time camping at Swartswood State Park. I got one of the last available campsites and it was okay, but not one I would have normally chosen. This campsite was in the open grass area and not very private, but that was okay for this trip as I spent the days hiking around lakes and…

• Campsite CS01, flat, open, grassy
  • Faced the tent away from the road and rest of the campers for a bit of privacy.
  • Breakfast and coffee
SiteCS01
K
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2020

No Privacy, Dog Policy Not up to Date

I will most likely not return to this campground, although it’s just because of my own personal preferences. The two main reasons are as follows:

1. When my partner and I drove up to the campground there were multiple signs posted reading, “NO DOGS ALLOWED IN CAMPGROUND”. The pet friendly policy…

• Our Setup

Swartswood State Park is located in New Jersey

Directions

From Route 80, take exit 25, Route 206 north to Newton, about 12 miles. From Newton, make a left at the second traffic light (Route 206 and Spring Street) then make a left at the next light onto Route 519. Follow 519 for approximately 1/2 mile, then make a left onto Route 622 at Sussex County College sign. Follow Route 622 for about 4 1/2 miles. Turn left onto Route 619. The park entrance is about 1/2 mile south on Route 619.

Address

1091

Coordinates

74.81884918 W

Open in Google Maps

Nearby Campgrounds

About This Campground

Connection Details

We rate connection speeds from campers like you who submit speed tests with Field Reports.

• Good- 10+Mbps

Campers can make calls and send texts & emails, watch an HD movie, play multiplayer games, and more.

• Fair- 3Mbps-10Mbps

Campers can make calls, send texts & emails, video chat, stream video, and play online games.

• Poor- 0Mbps-3Mbps

Campers might be able check email, send texts, and make calls.

• Available-

Campers have been able to connect here but we don’t know the quality of the connection.

• Unknown-

Connectivity is not known for this campground.