About Locust Lake
No Alchohol
Locust Lake is located in Pennsylvania
15 Reviews of Locust Lake
Serenity on the lakes

Pretty campground with lots of lake views. We arrived just before dark which was good because the sites were not level front to back. Most sites had a slope but there were some level sites. You can kayak, canoe, paddle board, and fish on the lake. There are 2 boat launches. The store wasn’t much to speak of. Bath houses were clean. We walked around the lake on a paved level path. They advertise no alcohol. This is near the Pioneer Tunnel Coal Mine tour which we loved. It’s near the Yingling Brewery tour.

Nice

Great place close to home. Campsites are a nice size and shaded.

Secluded lake

Nice campground, friendly people, camp store and ice cream within walking distance. Lake is nice, smaller but perfect for families and water temp was great.

Family Camping

Awesome place to camp with family

Nice!

I went there with my son and a friend. We did some kayaking and fishing, it was good! We went in July, and it did rain some. We had a tent and it wasn’t to bad. The park rangers were very nice and the store had helpful workers. I would, and will go back.

Peaceful retreat, depending on your site if rain is in the forecast

Camped here Easter weekend 2019 for three nights in loop 162 -186, on sites 165 & 166. Upon arrival, we were surprised at how small the sites were in person, but luckily, they allow you to move the table and the fire pits to accommodate your equipment if needed. You do have to return it to its original location before departing.

It rained fairly heavily during our first day there and the sites became extremely muddy, so be prepared if rain is in the forecast. Some of the sites were covered in gravel which aided the muddiness.

The remainder of the weekend was lovely and the lake was packed with people fishing throughout the day. I took a walk around our loop on Sunday to see if there were any larger sites for a future trip and the sites in the 180’s (along Locust Creek) were severely flooded due to the downgrade of the loop, which levels off as you get closer to the creek, even after two full days of sunshine and warmer temperatures. Literally inches of water throughout the entire row of sites. I figured I would mention it here since otherwise they would be desirable sites due to the close proximity of a near constantly babbling creek.

Otherwise, the bathroom/shower facilities were adequate, albeit in need of a paint job. There is a roadside stand and then a bait and tackle place that sells wood on the road leading to the park, but downed wood was plentiful at the time of our visit. I would imagine by the summer, it won't be so easy to forage.

Nice park

Its been 15 years since I've been there, but it was just as I remembered. Sites were a little small and rocky / rooty, but we made it work. Definitely go in the fall to soak up all the colors!

🍄

Really nice park! Great hiking trails! Lots of mushrooms! Nice walk-in sites for camping.

Great family friendly campground

Locust lake is a beautiful state campground that I’ve enjoyed almost all my life. I’ve been camping here since I was a little girl and now at 45 my children have grown to love it as much as me.

Fall Colors!

PA is beautiful in the fall. Nice campground with some trails and access to Pottsville - for the best brewery tour ever - Yeungling! Check out the Jim Thorpe fall fest and Hershey Park.