Camping in Scranton

Recent Equestrian Reviews Near Scranton, Pennsylvania

172 Reviews of 20 Scranton, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

R

Seasonal Camper

I camp here quite often with one of my friends and we really enjoy the atmosphere here. There are not many opportunities to explore nature at this campground which is why it is a 4 stars for me. But facilities such as cabins, bathrooms, and the office are great!

• On the lake - kayaking
SThe Dyrt PRO User

Love this place

My Family have been going here annually for over 40 years, multiple trips throughout the year as well.

Sitealways in the upper 50’s
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Very busy, pretty loud, popular apot

Our site was for the most part clean, the fire pit was so full of ash and trash and giant rocks? that we had to clean ourselves right when we arrived.

We were staying at the same site, Friday and Saturday nights. It’s a busy place, a lot of weekenders with excited kiddos. Bathrooms were decently…

Sebastian T.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Clean, beautiful area, well maintained campground

We've camped here about 5 times this year, and every time we had a blast. The cam sites are very clean, the facilities are as well, and we've met a bunch of very nice people here. Lot of things to do around, from enjoying a day at the lake beach, to hiking on one of numerous hike ng trails, to…

Site358, E2, 433
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Well we're at it Again 😁

Well it's our 3rd time here in keen lake ' this time we had a better spot and view of the lake and campgrounds . Weather been great TK God πŸ™.This is such an awesome place to camp out at ' lots to do fishing 🦦 swimming row β›΅ boating plus hike trails .The service here is phenomenal people are…

• This is the pool 7ft deep 😁
Site152 A Great spot by water πŸ’¦ and pool 😁
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Our neighbors were very loud

This campground is very nice. It’s clean and in a beautiful part of NJ. this particular visit though, our neighbors were playing loud music all weekend and chopping wood for hours. That was annoying.

Alexandra T.
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Do not recommend

I would not recommend this campground. Please be aware that 148 -149 sites are located near a small pond and not an actual lake as shown on pictures. The area 148-153 sites is located right next to the Roosevelt highway and it makes it impossible to enjoy nature and silence due to the trucks and…

Site149A
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great place to camp πŸ˜‰

Well I'm staying at promise land state park for the 3 rd time it's a great place to visit and camp out or with your RV or Pop Up . Thiers the lake beach near by plus thier pet friendly .Has lots of commendations for campers it clean an nice an peaceful .Do recommend if you like camping πŸ₯Ύ

• My view where I set up my pop up camper πŸ˜…
SiteSpot location 100 close to lake and restrooms plus they have free showers ' and price is reasonable not 🚫 expensive at all good rates ! πŸ‘
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

At promise land state park

Well I'm at promise land again for the 3 rd time .Got a nice spot by the lake and it nice an cozy .Beach ⛱️ land is near by and very quiet and relaxing 😎

• my great camping spot it awesome πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž
  • All set up by lake ' night view 😊
SiteSpot 100 where you can park your pop up or camper and the view is awesome and great ' plus the restroom 🚻 are close an πŸ• friendly 😁
Gary O.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Family friendly state park

Moderate trails and Nice beach and lake front swimming area

Sitedeer field camp grounds
D

Popular campground in Jim Thorpe

Pros: The lake was beautiful. Very clean and picturesque and perfect for swimming. The campsites were adequate size. The campground is very close to lots of outdoor attractions and fun in the Jim Thorpe and Blue Mountain area. The park rangers are very friendly and helpful.

Cons: we visited in…

• The lake on Sunday, after most campers had cleared out!

1st pop up camping trip

Well we stay at knee lake had lots of fun plus they have a swimming pool and thier pet friendly .

• This was our spot by the lake .
  • View of lake where we parked at camp site.
Site119A

1st camping trip of the year

Well we stayed at Knee lake what a beautiful place for camping 😊 We stayed 2 days with a swimming pool and lake plus pet friendly !

• This was our spot πŸ™‚
Site119 A

2nd Pop Up camp trip

Well we're staying at promise land state park to camp again for 2 days has a beautiful lake plus lots of nature trails .

Site119 A

Our 1 st pop up trip

Well a couple of weeks ago me an my wife plan a 2 day stay at knee lake it was beautiful and lots of fun plus it wasn't far from our home in pa .

SiteWe pick spot 119 great view of the lake